Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Most unexpected rejection  (Read 4230 times)

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
Re: Most unexpected rejection
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 01:15:57 AM »
3.2 isn't so hot.

Wow.  Incredibly insightful.  And completely useless in the context of this question. 

SaintsFan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 02:11:46 AM »
Maybe it's your age? We've got almost identical numbers, but I don't have anything close to your "soft" attributes (MBA/W.E.), and they offered me 15k/yr. The only thing I have that you don't is LA resident status. I can't imagine it's how late you applied, either...I applied over a month later.

Oh well, enjoy the view from the top at UT-Austin   ;D
lawschoolnumbers.com - SaintsFan

IN - WUSTL (15k), GMU, Wake Forest (3/4 off tuition), Tulane (15k), Lewis & Clark, Temple, Minnesota, Notre Dame (15.5k)
WL - Fordham, W&M, Illinois, Emory
OUT - GULC, GW

ambar713

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2005, 08:43:39 PM »
I was getting all kinds of mail from Howard about how they're trying to expand their program to accommodate for more minorities at their historically black college, and I received some emails from the Centro Chicano here at Stanford about this program.  So, I figured I'd apply to this tier 3 school and make them look good by having a Latin, female, Stanford student in their stats... alas!  I was rejected.  Weird.

Are we there yet?

• Sr. Citizen
  • We should all do our part...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2005, 02:35:11 PM »
Mine is Yale. I never applied, yet they dinged me anyway. What a world!

kristen14

• Sr. Citizen
  • LitiGATOR :)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DCPompeia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2005, 09:41:17 PM »
LOL  :D
"It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any reason can be found." ~Beautiful Mind
MPH / JD Hopeful :)

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=kristen14

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2005, 09:49:02 PM »
I got waitlisted at Washington St. Louis with a 172/2.86, after being accepted at several schools where I had much less chance of getting in.

nusuagdo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2005, 12:35:32 PM »
Rejected at Notre Dame (I only applied because they recruited me rather heavily and I thought I had a shot at good $)

Thanfully I got the notice after I had been accepted by my three faves, so no biggie.
Attending: Northwestern
Accepted: UPenn, Georgetown, UMiami
Wait Listed: Columbia, NYU
Rejected: Notre Dame, Harvard

miguel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2005, 03:29:02 PM »
Waitlisted at Cardozo... after they gave me a fee waiver and told me that people with my numbers had received full rides in the past.

Whateva.

druidgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2005, 03:33:45 PM »
Rejected at University of FL (with very reasonable numbers for them) in the same week that I was waitlisted at UVA.  Also, got in to higher ranked schools with scholarships.  Go figure. 

Luckily, they were far from my first choice of schools and waiting so long to send me a decision that I had already put in a deposit at the school I will be attending.
...not all those who wander are lost...

northbynw

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - northby_nw
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2005, 05:20:40 PM »
With my GPA, one can never be too suprised about a rejection. However, I'd heard (and seen on the LSN graph) that one's pretty much guaranteed in at UIUC with a 165+ LSAT. My 168 couldn't keep me from being waitlisted! Wrong thread, I know, but it was a total surprise. Especially since I talked to the director last year and he said he couldn't see me not being accepted.

I'm starting to go over my app now...looking for the "I like to burn small animals" line that somehow makes its way into all my formal documents..damn evil voices in my head   ::)
For those who feel, life is a tragedy. For those who think, life is a comedy.