Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cleveland-Marshall: Request to identify e-mail address  (Read 639 times)

CheezWiz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Cleveland-Marshall: Request to identify e-mail address
« on: April 05, 2005, 02:38:30 AM »
I havenít heard from this Cleveland State yet.  North East Ohio is my home so I am getting anxious.  Thusly, every time the wind blows from the east I wonder if itís a sign.  I overnighted a passionate letter of continued interest last week.  Today, I got an e-mail from ďMarion D. EnsleyĒ with the following:

This message is to verify the email address for CheezWiz.  Please respond by clicking the reply button above and then indicate whether you are the individual named here.

Thank You
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
Office of Law Admissions

Is it a sign?  C-M does not do e-mail or telephone decisions from what Iíve heard.  Did anybody else get this?  Do you think itís just a random update or a sign that they want to ensure itís me before they send a decision by e-mail?

???

EddieG

• View Profile
Re: Cleveland-Marshall: Request to identify e-mail address
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 08:23:02 AM »
CheezWiz, That is very interesting. Northeast Ohio is my home and I am waiting for a response from CSU as well but have not hear anything yet. What did you say in your letter? I'm wondering if I should do something similar. Let me know if it worked!

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 09:04:17 AM »
I was accepted there in February or early March. I was suprised it took them so long as they were my safety school. Decision took six weeks and I would've thought I'd be an auto-admit, but they did send scholorship info with acceptance. I did receive that same e-mail and it was before I was accepted, but I'm not sure if this goes to all candidates upon file review or not. The official acceptance was via US mail, not an e-mail.

Hope this is helpful - good luck!

patriot83

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 11:12:25 AM »
CheezWiz,

Thats very good news, I got that email one day before my accectance letter arrived. So I think an early congratulations is in order!

PS- Cleveland State sends their acceptance letters to your permanent address, not your current one.

CheezWiz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 12:32:59 PM »
OMG  :o Ok, so this is a good thing... perhaps.  I am going to be taking deep breaths in and out all day (and calling my mom on the hour to see if the mail got there  ;))

Thanks yall!

CheezWiz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 05:35:00 PM »
So... no letter at home.  BUT, I called today and, not by intention, got the Dean.  She said "we just verify that the e-mail address is yours...because they go on an admitted students list-serve"  Now, she did not say that I was going on the admitted students list serve so, it could just be that they verify everybody and then only put on those who got in.  Did anybody get the aforementioned e-mail and NOT get in?

violet5

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 06:20:12 PM »
I got the same email right before I was accepted to CSU. A letter followed in the mail with a scholarship offer included. I did turn them down, so maybe you will get my seat. I'm sure you'll hear very soon. Their admissions office seems to really be on the ball with things. Good luck!!!
2.93/159

ATTENDING: PITT!
Accepted: Toledo, Cleveland Marshall (4K/yr.-withdrawn), Seton Hall, Rutgers-Newark, Buffalo, Pitt, U Pacific
Rejected: Ohio State, Cincinnati, Temple, St.Johns
Waitlisted: Chicago-Kent, DePaul, Loyola Chicago, IU-Indy, Catholic, Case (all withdrawn)

notoold

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 07:01:28 PM »
I received my acceptance letter Monday and then received the email in question yesterday. I would say that congrats are in order.

After visiting the school today, it helped to muddy the waters - not sure where I will end up.

CheezWiz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 07:08:23 PM »
notoold said:
"After visiting the school today, it helped to muddy the waters - not sure where I will end up."

Would you be willing to post the details of your visit, your thoughts, how it "muddy"ied things, to this thread:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,23559.0.html

I REALLY want to hear what you have to say. I tell ya what, I have my fingers crossed like CRAZY! Thank man.