Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anybody here on the U. Penn waitlist?  (Read 19337 times)

The Truth

• Sr. Citizen
  • Running the Race Figuratively (MS pic sample)
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody here on the U. Penn waitlist?
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2005, 11:02:43 PM »
DrHomer,

Did you hear any positive/additional news from Penn? Just curious, looking back on old Penn threads.

Anyone else on the waitlist on here heard any more news since the option to stay on to September letter?
The One, The Only, The Truth...
Attending: PENN$$$
W/D after Acc.(had next, LOL): NYU$$$,CLS$,CHI$$,GTown$$$,Duke$$,TX$$,NU(loans),Cornell?
WL'ed & then W/D: HLS(after hold), SLS
Rej: NONE
The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing but The Truth
Don't Hate Me, Because You Ain't Me (J/K, LOL)

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2005, 07:17:27 PM »
nope

drhomer

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2005, 07:17:52 AM »
No news from me...... :(

I have no idea why they called one of my recommenders, but it kind of seems like a cruel joke :(  Oh well, i'll keep buying lottery tickets and i'll keep thinking i have a chance of getting into Penn.
3.71/167 3rd Year Medical Student

In: Full $$$ at Widener, Temple ($10k/year), Villanova ($13k/year), USC, NYU
Jerks: GULC, Yale
Wait List: PENN

nubova

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2005, 04:14:14 PM »

I went out with a bunch of BC 0Ls the other day, and every one of us were on the damn Penn and Cornell waitlists and hadn't heard from them in weeks. Ive pretty much given up. I would rather start getting settled in Boston than wait for Penn. Part of me is dying to hear though, as I knew I would go to BC unless I pulled off a T10. So far, its still BC as I have only gotten into the mid-teens (vandy, usc, etc). We'll see, but Im not holding my breath. :)

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2005, 10:55:57 PM »
I suppose us BCers will have something to talk about on the first day!

nubova

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2005, 09:34:23 AM »

Yeah, it looks like BC is the holding school for people who didn't crack the T10. I guess any of the big schools out of the that range (BC, Vandy, UCLA) are going to have a large number of people still bitter about being on waitlists all summer. I am not bitter. My goal was a good school in the Northeast, and I believe I got the best out of the T14. I can't complain, but T14 would have been nice. :)

billmcbain

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2005, 01:48:30 PM »

Yeah, it looks like BC is the holding school for people who didn't crack the T10. I guess any of the big schools out of the that range (BC, Vandy, UCLA) are going to have a large number of people still bitter about being on waitlists all summer. I am not bitter. My goal was a good school in the Northeast, and I believe I got the best out of the T14. I can't complain, but T14 would have been nice. :)

Except that I was accepted at a T14 and wait listed at another yet was flat-out rejected at BC. Ironically, I might have preferred BC over all others. For some reason, BC hated me.

nubova

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2005, 10:39:49 AM »

BC is more like a UC school than an east coast school when it comes to admissions. They put more emphasis on a GPA than on the LSAT score. Also, because it is such a small class, I think they look to interesting other factors that will create a diverse student body (travel exp, work exp, etc.) I have friends who got into Penn and were rejected from BC.(Jerks, haha) It is wierd, but it is a fairly unique law school in many regards. Most people would love to be in your situation with a T14 under their belt. Congrats!

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2005, 10:54:35 AM »

Except that I was accepted at a T14 and wait listed at another yet was flat-out rejected at BC. Ironically, I might have preferred BC over all others. For some reason, BC hated me.

I got into 2 T14's and was rejected by UT and UNC.  I think it goes to show that it's much more than the simple numbers game everyone on LSD proclaims.

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2005, 11:00:59 AM »
Not me.  In lieu of a standard rejection letter, the dean included a polaroid picture of himself with his fingers in an L on his forehead, enclosed in the following greeting card.  I cried for a week.   :'(

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166