Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anybody here on the U. Penn waitlist?  (Read 18900 times)

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody here on the U. Penn waitlist?
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2005, 09:07:11 PM »
just a generic letter in the mail. Can't really help you out in any other way. sorry.

SuperMoni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2005, 01:05:07 AM »
Did you send in any other additional information or anything?  And have you made your final decision as to where your going to attend in the fall?  You have some nice choices, but looks like the waiting game has only started for you!  Good luck with your other waitlists!!

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2005, 01:11:41 AM »
sorry to hear that siehead...from here on I'll have to wince everytime I look in the mailbox.

Good luck with the rest...Cornell has yet to make any moves and who knows what Gtown is doing.

drhomer

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2005, 08:25:08 AM »
My heart skipped 3 beats this weekend when i got a letter from Penn.  Convinced it was a rejection, i think i actually took it pretty well.  Fortunately, it was not a rejection; it was actually web login instructions for the masters of bioethics program i am going to do at penn regardless of law school matriculation.

so it will be another day, at least, of hoping for an email and fearing snail mail
3.71/167 3rd Year Medical Student

In: Full $$$ at Widener, Temple ($10k/year), Villanova ($13k/year), USC, NYU
Jerks: GULC, Yale
Wait List: PENN

blaqueangel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2005, 08:37:45 AM »
I'm not on the waitlist, but on "hold". I haven't heard anything from them. You'd think if they are rejecting people off the waitlist they could just reject me. I wonder if I should call and ask them what's up. Their email stated that they would get back to the hold people by early May. Ummm....yeah...I think they've have enough time to decide that they don't want me. ::)

SuperMoni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2005, 11:51:10 AM »
Does anyone know if Penn had/has a second deposit date?

Dan1234

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2005, 12:38:11 PM »
Just called.  Said they are hoping to get an updated status email out to all waitlist candidates by mid-week.

Not sure of Penn's second deposit date.
GULC Class of '08

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2005, 07:03:47 PM »
Did you send in any other additional information or anything?  And have you made your final decision as to where your going to attend in the fall?  You have some nice choices, but looks like the waiting game has only started for you!  Good luck with your other waitlists!!

Thanks for the good luck. I did send plenty of updated materials; two letters, one letter of recommendation, and an updated resume. I guess they really just wanted to string me along, you'd think that they would at least reject other candidates first wouldn't you? That's OK, maybe I will get lucky and get into a dream school, like Boalt or Columbia. Or maybe I will stay at USC, either way I will be fine.

The Truth

• Sr. Citizen
  • Running the Race Figuratively (MS pic sample)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2005, 12:13:46 AM »
I don't beleive Penn has a 2nd deposit date. If they do, I sure as heck don't know about it. I just had to submit the first deposit of 500 and I also signed a scholarship agreement. However, maybe I am just not aware or maybe they make those paying for it without any scholarship do a 2nd deposit.

Good luck to those still waiting on the lists.
The One, The Only, The Truth...
Attending: PENN$$$
W/D after Acc.(had next, LOL): NYU$$$,CLS$,CHI$$,GTown$$$,Duke$$,TX$$,NU(loans),Cornell?
WL'ed & then W/D: HLS(after hold), SLS
Rej: NONE
The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing but The Truth
Don't Hate Me, Because You Ain't Me (J/K, LOL)

FinerWoman

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2005, 01:51:27 PM »
Just called.  Said they are hoping to get an updated status email out to all waitlist candidates by mid-week.

Not sure of Penn's second deposit date.

It's mid-week and sadly I have been obsessing about this for the past two days. 
Attending: Penn (2006)
Accepted: Cornell $$, USC $$, Temple $$