Law School Discussion

Smoking in law school

Painting101

• 164/ 3.55
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sgtpeper82
    • View Profile
Smoking in law school
« on: April 04, 2005, 07:08:40 PM »
If you're not a smoker now, do you think you'll become one in law school?  If you smoke now, think you'll smoke more?

I think I'm going to start.  My policy now is to only smoke when I drink.  However, I heard that nicotine opens up receptors in your brain, and you 'learn' more efficiently...  Sign me up.

LaneSwerver

Re: Smoking in law school
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 08:32:36 PM »
Smoke what?

Painting101

• 164/ 3.55
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 08:33:22 PM »
Smoke what?

i knew i should have clarified.  cigarettes.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 08:34:38 PM »
Smoke what?

i knew i should have clarified.  cigarettes.

I only smoke clove cigarettes when I'm wearing patchouli oil.

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 08:57:23 PM »
I don't smoke now, and don't plan on starting in law school.  It's a disgusting habit.

I also figure that the stress of law school will knock a year or two off my life, so why keep adding to that with cigs?

LaneSwerver

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 09:01:44 PM »
I don't smoke now, and don't plan on starting in law school.  It's a disgusting habit.

I also figure that the stress of law school will knock a year or two off my life, so why keep adding to that with cigs?

Because it's sexy.

Alamss

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 09:33:46 PM »
I can't stand the wackos at my school that walke around campus smoking without any consideration for others as they will just directly puff out smoke at you or in your face. I could care less if anyone smokes but when that effects me it pisses me off!

LaneSwerver

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 09:36:44 PM »
I can't stand the wackos at my school that walke around campus smoking without any consideration for others as they will just directly puff out smoke at you or in your face. I could care less if anyone smokes but when that effects me it pisses me off!

What I hate is when people walk up to me and snub out their cigarettes on my bare skin. That's painful.

Painting101

• 164/ 3.55
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 09:38:06 PM »

What I hate is when people walk up to me and snub out their cigarettes on my bare skin. That's painful.

My dad did that to me.  It builds character.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 09:40:10 PM »

My dad did that to me.  It builds character.

Callouses, certainly.