Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Villanova  (Read 1383 times)

tacc731

In at Villanova
« on: April 04, 2005, 06:25:47 PM »
In at Villanova.

Large white envelope with LOTS of info stuffed inside.

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: In at Villanova
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 11:07:02 PM »
numbers?  you considering it?
FIU Class of 2009

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 01:55:06 AM »
In at Villanova.

Large white envelope with LOTS of info stuffed inside.

Congrats man, got my acceptance a week ago.  Only it was standard business sized envelope, with maybe 6 sheets and a pamphlet.

tacc731

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 09:52:40 AM »
2.84/161

The six sheets and a pamphlet was what I was referring to when I said "lots of info stuffed."  When I saw it that tipped me off that it was acceptance.  Unless of course they wanted to tell me in a very long letter that my app sucked.

I still have some apps out but I am seriously considering it.  Dividedsky: Have you visited?  If so, how is it?  I looked at the virtual tour and wasn't that impressed.  Of course, I'm comparing that to Baylor's brand new facilities.  Also, do you know if they have wifi?

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 11:39:55 AM »
Villanova's law building is very old and reminds me of a Catholic high school.  There are plans to build a new law center, but not until 2008.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

Kait

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 12:55:55 PM »
Dividedsky: Given that you received your acceptance so close to the April 1st deposit deadline, did the letter give you a different deadline for receipt of your deposit (like 2 weeks after receipt of acceptance or something)?

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 01:03:53 PM »
seems like villanova is a low GPA/160+ type of school.  which is frustrating to me.  not that i worked too hard to graduate with honors at UF, but my low LSAT is probably keeping me from being an auto-admit or at least an admit before the first seat deadline.  i think it's high enough to at least have a chance (155).

i am hoping that they have enough room and my index gets me in eventually.  i doubt that i'd get any merit or need-based $$$, which makes $50,000 in debt per year seem like a reality.  i'd like to get in though.  congrats!
FIU Class of 2009

tacc731

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 03:39:00 PM »
CounterPoint...do they actually still have those stiff wooden chairs(shown in the virtual tour)?  Yikes...I've been ruined by my undergrad schools fluffy reclining chairs.

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 04:22:54 PM »
counterpoint, thanks man.  i appreciate the much-needed optimism (especially when i have the gut feeling that i'm headed to a 4th tier regional school near where my family lives).  it'd be tough to leave my job in new orleans to head back home to live off my parents at a crap school.  i think villanova would provide me some good opportunities post-graduation.  i hope to see you there in the fall.  unless of course they reject my a$$.  in which case, craptastic.

FIU Class of 2009

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 10:09:12 PM »
tacc731: i will be taking a tour this friday (don't want to sit through the full 3 hour program on saturday, and drag a friend with me... seen one mock class, seen them all, right??) -- ill post back here when i'm back in nola, hit me up with any questions then.  as for wifi, i hope they have it, my new centrino-powered laptop and i will definately be on the look out for that one.

kait: the form enclosed with my acceptance said my deposit was due the 15th.  if i like what i see, i am going to give them a check on friday.  (i already put down a deposit at depaul a few weeks ago worried i wouldnt get in anywhere better... plus i'd much rather be in the northeast.  i just hope all the crosses dont scare me off...)