Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: And The Circle Is Now Complete...  (Read 477 times)

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
And The Circle Is Now Complete...
« on: April 04, 2005, 09:10:01 AM »
Ahhhh. Thanks to W&L's less-than-timely rejection letter, I have now heard from every school to which I applied. This bringing to dramatic conclusion the horrible and demoralizing process that is Law School Admissions.  Of course, that doesn't take into account the four waitlists I'm on (I know that is not even close to the most waitlists).

It's now down to two: Villanova and Rutger-Camden.  I expect I will have my mind made up sometime this week.

Overall, I would say my results were about as expected.  For the most part I was rejected where I thought I would be, accepted where I thought I would be, and waitlisted where I thought I "had a shot." So I feel pretty good about the whole thing in retrospect. 

And, more importantly, I'm pretty excited by my choices. But most of all, it just feels good to not have and more "pendings" out there. And now I can go back to having a normal relationship with my mailbox and mailman--if, that is, they will take me back.
158 (155+161)/3.1
Going to: Villanova
In:Rutgers-Camden $, Catholic, NYLS $, PSU $
WL: Cardozo, U MD, Brooklyn, St. John's
Out: American, BU, BC, UConn, Fordham, Georgetown PT, GW PT, Penn, Temple, George Mason, W&L
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alexknagy

georgialax

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: AndThe Circle Is Now Complete...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 09:26:59 AM »
Which school is ranked higher for you?  R-C or Villanova?

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 09:31:45 AM »
Which school is ranked higher for you?  R-C or Villanova?

Right now I'm leaning toward Villanova.
158 (155+161)/3.1
Out: American, BU, BC, UConn, Fordham, Georgetown PT, GW PT, Penn, Temple, George Mason, W&L

georgialax

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 09:32:50 AM »
What do you like about Villanova? I looked there undergrad and it was a nice campus but I am still pending there too but haven't been to visit.

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 09:51:21 AM »
For me, being in the Philadelphia area is important. That is how I narrowed my choices down to Villanova and Rutgers-Camden. I like several things about Villanova: Job placement in Philadelphia is probably my number one factor. And Villanova is very strong in that area.  It has a very good atmosphere. It just felt like a very friendsly, not-cutthroat place.  Being a life-long city resident, I actually don't mind not having to worry about safety issues by virtue of being out in a suburb.  I'll be able to live with family, which will cut down on expenses and save me the hassle of having to worry about rent, bills, etc.  I also like that it is right there on campus with a good university. I think that gives it a vibe that agrees with me.

That having been said, I would never have considered it for undergrad.
158 (155+161)/3.1

LaneSwerver

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 09:54:01 AM »
"...When last we met I was but the learner. Now I am the master."