Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do I go to Hastings, Loyola in LA, or take a full scholarship to Chapman?  (Read 829 times)

tommybrasier

• View Profile
Do I go with the free school, or do I go with a prestigious school?  Any advice?

bradzwest

depends on your goals...I'm taking free

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Do I go with the free school, or do I go with a prestigious school?  Any advice?

I would not go to Chapman. 

DodgerLaw

In her "how to get into law school" book Susan Estrich answers this exact question except the higher-ranked schools are USC and UCLA. Basically, she talks about a girl who chose Chapman and said it was, I believe the word was, "crazy".

jessesamuel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hastings is the most prestigious of the three and seems to place well all over California. I'm in a similar situation, but Iowa is thrown into the mix, making my decision very hard.

Munkeysgrrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
If you are interested in public interest, I would go to Chapman.  If not, HASTINGS all the way!  They are a good school, and are more affordable than Loyola.  ;D 
Loyola LA Here I Come!!

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
In her "how to get into law school" book Susan Estrich answers this exact question except the higher-ranked schools are USC and UCLA. Basically, she talks about a girl who chose Chapman and said it was, I believe the word was, "crazy".

"horrified" was her exact wording, but same difference. Either one sums up the thought of going to chapman over a tier-1, or even Loyola. And I would add that many public interest employers do care about where a prospective employee went; a Chapman grad may not get an interview that a Hastings/Loyola grad would get. The money from Chapman may not be worth it if you can't find a job afterward.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

jziv2626

• View Profile
avoid chapman like the plague

T1>>>T4