Law School Discussion

Anyone visited St. Mary's in Texas?

ElizaB

• What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone visited St. Mary's in Texas?
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 07:08:34 PM »
Because Austin and San Antonio are only about an hour and a half apart, some professors teach at both schools.

Really?  Who?  If they teach classes at both they must only teach at one or the other once a week because I can't imagine someone permantly commuting from San Antonio to Austin (or vice versa) on a daily basis.

Esq

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 04:57:25 PM »
One example is Professor Flint. He has taught Oil and Gas at UT -Law in the Summer and he teaches at St. Mary's during the regular academic year. But you're right, I don't know of anyone who is commuting back and forth every day...

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2005, 06:01:31 PM »
I wouldn't choose SMU over St. Mary's. You might hate san antonio, and you will have ALOT more opportunities from SMU.

where2g0

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 06:22:21 PM »
I wouldn't choose SMU over St. Mary's. You might hate san antonio, and you will have ALOT more opportunities from SMU.

Of course you mean you WOULD choose SMU over St. Mary's!

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2005, 06:46:39 PM »

Yeah, I'm sure that's what she meant. However I am pleased St. Mary's is a good school with a good regional reputation. If I end up there, I think I'll be satisfied.

where2g0

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2005, 08:04:41 PM »

Yeah, I'm sure that's what she meant. However I am pleased St. Mary's is a good school with a good regional reputation. If I end up there, I think I'll be satisfied.

I meant no disrespect to St. Mary's.  I visited there last October.  Very nice people.  Good school that produces a lot of Texas judges. There Bar passage rates have gotten better and the new dean is really focusing on that.  But, SMU would most likely open more doors.  However, be the best at St. Mary's and you will have plenty of opportunities.  Good luck.  As, for me, I am still wrestling with the decision to go to Baylor or Houston.

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2005, 09:47:37 PM »

I meant no disrespect to St. Mary's.  I visited there last October.  Very nice people.  Good school that produces a lot of Texas judges. There Bar passage rates have gotten better and the new dean is really focusing on that.  But, SMU would most likely open more doors.  However, be the best at St. Mary's and you will have plenty of opportunities.  Good luck.  As, for me, I am still wrestling with the decision to go to Baylor or Houston.

Oh, I know. I'm also waiting to hear from Baylor. My seat deposit is down at St. Mary's, but I don't know what will happen if either SMU or Baylor accepts me.