Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Extremely late decisions...?  (Read 1424 times)

Aakash

• View Profile
Extremely late decisions...?
« on: April 03, 2005, 04:04:43 PM »
So we're into April and I still have eight pending files, all of which went complete over a month ago if not more.  The schools pending are the higest ranked that I've applied to (Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, NYU, Chicago, Michigan, Penn).

Should I assume I'm going to be rejected these schools?
Will I even hear from them?
Is it common for acceptances to come in April?

I have deposits due on April 15th, and I'm sure most of you do as well.  Where do I stand?

Anyone in the same boat as me?

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nikepr0be
    • View Profile
Re: Extremely late decisions...?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 04:15:46 PM »
i'm in the same boat.  i have a few reaches i'm waiting on, as well as a safety or two.

i really have no idea, either.  i'm hoping to at least hear *something*.  a rejection would be 100x better than no word, at least mentally.

checking out the 2003-2004 application cycles @ lawschoolnumbers.com, there were still decisions being handed out in april (both rejections and acceptances).  i don't think the game is over just yet.

as far as seat deposits go, that's just being stuck between the proverbial rock and hard place.  i sent a deposit to duquesne to meet the april 1 deadline.  if another offer comes along, i'll have to re-evaluate my decision.
post-3L

futurecongress

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 04:26:08 PM »
So we're into April and I still have eight pending files, all of which went complete over a month ago if not more.  The schools pending are the higest ranked that I've applied to (Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, NYU, Chicago, Michigan, Penn).

Should I assume I'm going to be rejected these schools?
Will I even hear from them?
Is it common for acceptances to come in April?

I have deposits due on April 15th, and I'm sure most of you do as well.  Where do I stand?

Anyone in the same boat as me?

i am. got rejections from hys...but still waiting on the others you applied to...i am also nervous...since i only have a 3.3 but 172 lsat, though i doubt my lsat makes up for the low gpa, especially for columbia, chicago and nyu (the schools i really want now)

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 06:42:20 PM »
for the most part, schools have sent the vast majority of their acceptances already.  there will still be a small trickle of acceptances coming out in april, and hopefully  you'll be on the receiving end of one those letters.  i dont' mean to be debbie the downer, but most of the letters being sent now and in the near future will be rejections or waitlists. 

it seems the best thing to do now is to make a decision based on the schools you have in hand, and then cross your fingers for the coming weeks.

good luck!

crackiswhack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 06:59:37 PM »
some schools are known for sending late decsions.  it's probably too early to throw in the towel.

brutal264

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 07:37:42 PM »
for the most part, schools have sent the vast majority of their acceptances already.  there will still be a small trickle of acceptances coming out in april, and hopefully  you'll be on the receiving end of one those letters.  i dont' mean to be debbie the downer, but most of the letters being sent now and in the near future will be rejections or waitlists. 

it seems the best thing to do now is to make a decision based on the schools you have in hand, and then cross your fingers for the coming weeks.

good luck!

Hmmm...I think it depends. I know I sent my apps out pretty early (Early-Mid November), and I got WLed at my two top choices, and they start rereviewing pretty soon, and according to LSN, one of those schools makes a lot of decisions mid-end April.

I think it depends per school...No news is No news. They could just be waiting on some seat deposits, etc. At least the deadlines are done, so the applicant pool is locked.

*Wishing, Praying, Hoping*

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 08:57:43 PM »
i think getting on the waitlist and hearing absolutely nothing are slightly different.

many schools have already had their admit weekends.  many schools will be having their admit weekends shortly.  it doesn't make sense to me for schools not to send out the vast majority of their acceptances well before admit weekend so that admits can have a chance to arrange travel and attend the preview day(s).

i'm not saying acceptances aren't coming in april.  i, for one, hope a couple acceptances find their way to my mailbox.  realistically, however, the chances of a rejection or waitlist are a lot higher than the chance of an acceptance at this stage in the game.

good luck to everyone who's waiting.  i hope good news is on the way for all of us.

fineprint

• let dawgs bite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 09:24:21 PM »
good luck to everyone who's waiting.  i hope good news is on the way for all of us.

As much as I want to deny what is said above, I do have acknowledge the logical sense to it. Good luck every one - I am still waiting for 8 schools.
waitlist waitlist waitlist waitlist

tinyandi

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.84/157; BA & MA from UPenn
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 09:25:41 PM »
I just need UCLA...and my waitlists.  And I'm done with this headache!  Someone tell UCLA to send me <3 this week so I can cancel my trip to Emory this weekend and start packing my bags for LA  ::)
Attending: Emory
In: UF, UM
Wailisted: ND (Group 1), Berkeley (Group 1)
Rejections: GW, UCLA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=tinyandi

MichaelK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 09:45:43 PM »
What I would do is wait a week and see if you hear from any other schools.  If not, send in a deposit to the school that you have been accepted to that you most want to attend.  If one of your schools still pending accepts you, and it is a school you want to attend more, all you are out is your tuition deposit for the first school.  If, unfortunately, you are not accepted to any of the schools that are still pending, at least you have a seat at a Law School that you want to attend (even if it is not your first choice)
Current 1L