Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How Old is Everyone?  (Read 4610 times)

wrmusgro

Re: How Old is Everyone?
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2005, 12:14:54 AM »

So is it safe to assume that everyone is already married? 

Only the people from the south. I have found that people who get married early are usualy from the south, stupid (didn't go to college), poor, or are in the military.

Well I'm from the South, I made a 151 and a 153 on the LSAT...so maybe I'm stupid (even though I did go to college), and I am a former Marine. But, I'm not married, so I guess there goes your assumptions about being married early. You know what they say about assuming things.....and yes that was a very ignorant statement you made. Maybe you shouldn't go to Law School after all..... Jacka$$.

Oh...and I'll be 27 by the time I start Law School in August.

Not to defend the statement (though I think it was a joke), what was said is that people who get married early have those attributes, not that people with those attributes get married early.

I realize that...but I just think that was a moronic post. It's like saying all black people love fried chicken. (no offense anyone)

whostheguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Staring contest, you and me..now
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2005, 12:21:33 AM »

Only the people from the south. I have found that people who get married early are usualy from the south, stupid (didn't go to college), poor, or are in the military.

Well I'm from the South, I made a 151 and a 153 on the LSAT...so maybe I'm stupid (even though I did go to college), and I am a former Marine. But, I'm not married, so I guess there goes your assumptions about being married early. You know what they say about assuming things.....and yes that was a very ignorant statement you made. Maybe you shouldn't go to Law School after all..... Jacka$$.

Not to defend the statement (though I think it was a joke), what was said is that people who get married early have those attributes, not that people with those attributes get married early.
What? I think you mean to express the fact it may be the case that people who get married early may have attributes x, y, and z, but it is not the case that the reasons for their getting married are said attributes. Otherwise, the statement doesn't make sense because people with those attributes x, y, and z do in fact get married early (maybe not all), as you noted.
LSAT 159 GPA: 3.825

BraveheartDC

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Tribe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2005, 12:55:14 AM »
3.80 UGPA + 161 LSAT

Attending: William & Mary

Accepted off waitlist: William & Mary

Accepted: George Mason (withdrawn), University of Florida (withdrawn), Florida St. + $4K/YR (withdrawn), & American (withdrawn)

Waitlist: University of Virginia

Denied: Georgetown & University of Texas

Comm-Law

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2005, 01:11:52 AM »
Time to push up the average-age.  I'll be starting 1L at 33.

bradzwest

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2005, 01:16:47 AM »
can do better...36

the REAL desi

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2005, 01:18:21 AM »
turnin 24 this summer after 1L is over

blake840

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2005, 01:21:49 AM »
Eva, you are already in LS?
Uconn Law 1L.

Dominique

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am Mighty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2005, 01:52:58 AM »

What? I think you mean to express the fact it may be the case that people who get married early may have attributes x, y, and z, but it is not the case that the reasons for their getting married are said attributes. Otherwise, the statement doesn't make sense because people with those attributes x, y, and z do in fact get married early (maybe not all), as you noted.
No.  I was just pointing out the logical flaw in Devil Dawg's statement.  Dave claimed that if someone gets married early, then they have said attributes.  Devil Dawg gave an example of someone with said attributes not getting married early and suggested that this refuted the claim made by Dave.  But that was mistaking Dave's claim to be that if someone has said attributes, then they will get married early.  It's simply an incorrect reversal of the statement. 
Anyway, what Dave said seemed to be just a joke anyway, so it doesn't matter.
3.7/165.  How crazy to finally have real stats...

stangjunky77

• MSN Messenger - gohuskersfan@msn.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - stangjunky77@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2005, 04:36:42 AM »
an feelin old 25
UGPA 3.51 (3.74) LSAT (none)

Wild Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2005, 08:59:15 AM »

I find it laughable that getting married in your early twenties is now considered "early." Tell us dave, in your obviously infinite wisdom, at what age do intelligent people get married?

I just want to know so I can relay the information to my good friend (we both grew up in Massachusetts), who was married at twenty one, during his second year at Harvard Law.