Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone attend Ohio State's Admitted Student's Day?  (Read 690 times)

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Anyone attend Ohio State's Admitted Student's Day?
« on: April 03, 2005, 10:52:10 AM »
Did anyone attend the OSU Admitted Student's Day this weekend? If so, what did you think of the school, the students, the administration and the surrounding community?

P.S.: Did anyone check out the new apartments right across the street from the law school?  I hear this is a really nice area. Any thoughts?????

ClevelandSucks

• View Profile
Re: Anyone attend Ohio State's Admitted Student's Day?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 02:37:34 PM »
I went-
The school seemed nice and i was almost positive that I would be attending in the fall... until i walked outside the school.

I didnt get a good vibe off of the rest of the campus. maybe its because im used to an urban campus, but i could not see myself as a happy productive student there. maybe it was the 40k undergrads roaming the campus, and lack of skyscrapers. I took my own self guided tour and quickly realized that if i didnt get an apt in one of the new buildings i was going to be miserable. The rest of the off campus housing that I saw was a total dump.

the school seemed nice, the admin seemed very progressive and excited regarding the school's future and growth. the students were nice too. but Columbus just doesnt do it for me.

Il Stupido

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 10:58:05 AM »
The same thing struck me about the rest of campus. Then I thought, "It's not like college where I travel to different parts of the campus every day." I figure there will be little interaction with undergrads and the rest of the giant campus. That is, unless I go to the student union for lunch (it is nice to have it right there for when you get sick of packing or eating at the LS. There are a ton of places on High Street as well.).

As far as housing goes, my fiance and I also hated the immediate area around campus. We looked at some apartment and townhome developments a few miles NW of the area though and found them to be quite satisfactory. If you have a car or are willing to take the bus and living right by the law school isn't a huge deal, try looking a little farther away (I know that north of campus, Kenny Road and High Street have bus lines that go straight through. They drop off right by the law school from what I understand.).
Accepted: Ohio State, Georgetown, GW
Waitlisted: Michigan, Virginia

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 01:44:58 PM »
Is the housing near campus still available? Specifically, the new apartments being built next to the law school?

MC Paul Barman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 01:51:10 PM »
Can you guys tell me when the seat deposit(s) are due at OSU?

bobo21

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 02:15:33 PM »
Can you guys tell me when the seat deposit(s) are due at OSU?

April 15