Law School Discussion

GW Admit Day Reviews

Erapitt

• View Profile
Re: GW Admit Day Reviews
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2005, 05:58:44 PM »
He insulted me and I am just supposed to sit there and take it?  I am sorry but I don't think that me sticking up for my school makes me a troll.

I am just sick of ppl. talkin down on schools in general on this site.  Its ridiculous.

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2005, 06:03:32 PM »
ummm first off nobody 'took down the school'- people make comments about impressions, conversations, and visits they had to particular schools both good and bad- you take it with a grain of salt since its only one person and move on- i haven't heard anyone saying things like 'gw is overrated' or 'american is almost gw level' or 'im gonna go to bu w/o $ even tho i got some at gw becuz gw sucks'---in fact i can't remember one truly negative ptless remark that spoke down on GW outside of the usual things people say from their visits to schools

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2005, 06:21:55 PM »
I had a fabulous time. The weekend was so entertaining that I attended every event (except breakfast) despite being enormously hungover and jet-lagged. In fact, I didn't suffer from a single case of the nods.

And I'm glad I didn't have to stuff an extra mug, etc. into my backpack. They always had vegetarian meals, and I now have a long list of friends, both pre-L, and current students. The only low-point, I'll agree, was the lunchtime history lesson, but I had a really nice table of people to chat with.

Who else went to Front Page after Vida? I was there...

All the current students that I talked to seemed very involved, interesting, and cool, a couple of them invited me to watch basketball on Saturday night...

Call me an optimist, but I think complaining sucks...

Erapitt

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2005, 08:15:39 PM »
Look, I am not going to argue back and forth.  This is dumb.  Go where you want.  If you look around though there are plenty of anti-GW comments but whatever.  Its not an issue.

On another note, this is a discussion board and I can say what I want.  I think my comments are much better than some of the pointless hatred (and racism) that goes on here and at the xoxo board. 

eileen2004

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2005, 07:36:28 AM »
GW is a great school- but is it me or as soon as someone says something negative about it a bunch of GW people come on to defend it?- maybe people do this for all schools and i didnt notice it but its interesting

I've stopped posting on these threads for the most part because I find the kind of posting you described incredibly annoying despite being a GW graduate myself who is planning on going to GW for law school.

mreleph

• Say hello at GWU preview day.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mrowrman
    • View Profile
    • Musings
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2005, 10:32:05 AM »
Spring has finally arrived in DC; it's a beautiful sunny day; be happy and enjoy yourselves, everybody, before scorching sticky summer arrives in 5 weeks :-)

Do other schools give out as much free food as GWU? That's a big attractant for me.
Thirsty Thursdays, receptions, mmm, mmm.

FYI, as an aletrnative to the GWU bookstore, check out the Law branch of Reiters on 1900 G St. They have a big pile of used case books and new outliens you can browse and eventually buy.

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2005, 12:34:15 PM »
"I've been reading all these admit day stories and I've come to the conclusion that orientations, no matter where, or for what, or for who, are really lame.  Although I love DC so I'd go to the opening of a phone book there. "

You do meet good people though. That was the plus at all of my admitted students days.