Law School Discussion

"Alternate" at Miami

dal79

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: "Alternate" at Miami
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 10:47:47 PM »
I wouldn't have freaked out so much if the wait list reply card didn't read, "Retain my name on the wait list for the fall 2005 class.  I will be offered admission only if there are more cancellations than currently anticipated."  Gee, tell me what you really think, Miami. 
Hey, I'd rather get that than get jerked around like the schools I'm still pending at.

I suppose-- but I saw that you withdrew, so you couldn't have been too broken up about it.  I was concerned that this wasn't the card they senteveryone that maybe everyone else's card said something like "We're really really sorry that our roster is full, but we swear we'll get back to you," when for me they're like "Hey, if there's no one else in the free world who can attend here in the fall, we might consider letting you in."  Still having a hard time believeing that this is what is said on every single wait list reply card they send out...

Well, I withdrew and am likely attending LSU, so that's one less spot on the WL you have to worry about..

Good Luck!

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2005, 11:02:23 PM »
I wouldn't have freaked out so much if the wait list reply card didn't read, "Retain my name on the wait list for the fall 2005 class.  I will be offered admission only if there are more cancellations than currently anticipated."  Gee, tell me what you really think, Miami. 
Hey, I'd rather get that than get jerked around like the schools I'm still pending at.

I suppose-- but I saw that you withdrew, so you couldn't have been too broken up about it.  I was concerned that this wasn't the card they senteveryone that maybe everyone else's card said something like "We're really really sorry that our roster is full, but we swear we'll get back to you," when for me they're like "Hey, if there's no one else in the free world who can attend here in the fall, we might consider letting you in."  Still having a hard time believeing that this is what is said on every single wait list reply card they send out...

dont get caught up over the wording.  i can assure you that what you got is the one and only standard waitlist package from miami.  my letter and card said the same thing. 

goodluck! i hope you have a happy ending too.

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005, 10:03:58 AM »

dont get caught up over the wording.  i can assure you that what you got is the one and only standard waitlist package from miami.  my letter and card said the same thing. 

goodluck! i hope you have a happy ending too.

I promise I'm not this paranoid in real life.

ACore

• AOL Instant Messenger - atomcore
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005, 12:34:01 PM »
I agree that the wording is a little harsh in their waitlist package. Perhaps they do this to scare you away from the school in order to make their waitlist decisions easier. Why should the admissions board decide on accepting someone who isn't sure they want to go to Miami in the first place?

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2005, 12:36:43 PM »
I agree that the wording is a little harsh in their waitlist package. Perhaps they do this to scare you away from the school in order to make their waitlist decisions easier. Why should the admissions board decide on accepting someone who isn't sure they want to go to Miami in the first place?

True, but why waitlist me if you don't want me to go to your school?

Happy_Weasel

• Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2005, 12:40:31 PM »
I have a question. When did you apply to U Miami?

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2005, 03:17:43 PM »
I was waitlisted to.  I called to see if I could send any additional info and was told no (quite rudely actually) and that I just had to wait.

Did anyone else get this response?

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2005, 05:47:58 PM »
Wow-- I haven't called yet.  Do you think they wouldn't even be receptive to a "I love you" letter?  I applied late-- right before the deadline.

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2005, 09:12:47 PM »
seems like applying early with average numbers you have a much better chance then applying late.  i should know.  i took december then had them wait til february, which i ended up cancelling.  ugh.  hoping for the best.

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2005, 08:14:37 AM »
The deadline for seat deposits in April 15, no need to even worry about Miami until after that date.  I would expect movement on the waitlist a few days after that.