Law School Discussion

"Alternate" at Miami

"Alternate" at Miami
« on: April 02, 2005, 03:38:45 PM »
Pretty close to crying right now.  Just got a letter from Miami that starts out "You have been selected as an alternate for admission to..."  They use the words wait list, but I'm beginning to think I am on the wait list to be on the wait list.  Anyone else who was put on the wait list where they didn't use this wording?  DAMN IT!  This was my first choice!

Re: "Alternate" at Miami
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 04:27:04 PM »
thats the standard waitlist letter

frankm007

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 06:31:26 PM »
ksi, mind if i ask what your stats are? gpa/lsat? thanks

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 06:47:47 PM »
ksi, mind if i ask what your stats are? gpa/lsat? thanks

156/3.5

I wouldn't have been worried, but the card I have to send back says to check the box if I want to "retain my name on the wait list for the fall 2005 class.   I will be offered admission only if there are more cancellations than currently anticipated.

WTF?!

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 07:24:11 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your news.  Were you on a hold list before, or was this the first that you've heard from them?

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 03:27:04 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your news.  Were you on a hold list before, or was this the first that you've heard from them?

This is the first.  Cross your fingers for me.

dal79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 06:13:51 PM »
ah yes, i got the same letter after a deferal... I wasnt going there anyway, poop on miami

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 06:21:51 PM »
I wouldn't have freaked out so much if the wait list reply card didn't read, "Retain my name on the wait list for the fall 2005 class.  I will be offered admission only if there are more cancellations than currently anticipated."  Gee, tell me what you really think, Miami. 

dal79

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 09:41:49 PM »
I wouldn't have freaked out so much if the wait list reply card didn't read, "Retain my name on the wait list for the fall 2005 class.  I will be offered admission only if there are more cancellations than currently anticipated."  Gee, tell me what you really think, Miami. 
Hey, I'd rather get that than get jerked around like the schools I'm still pending at.

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 10:02:57 PM »
Hey, I'd rather get that than get jerked around like the schools I'm still pending at.

I suppose-- but I saw that you withdrew, so you couldn't have been too broken up about it.  I was concerned that this wasn't the card they senteveryone that maybe everyone else's card said something like "We're really really sorry that our roster is full, but we swear we'll get back to you," when for me they're like "Hey, if there's no one else in the free world who can attend here in the fall, we might consider letting you in."  Still having a hard time believeing that this is what is said on every single wait list reply card they send out...