Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: June 2003 LSAT - experimental games section  (Read 4925 times)

Testy

June 2003 LSAT - experimental games section
« on: June 09, 2003, 04:30:28 PM »
I posted this already in the general board section.  I hate to double post but finding out which games section was experimental may prove critical in my decision whether or not to cancel my scores.

_____________________________ _____

I am trying to figure out which games section on the june 2003 lsat was experimental.

I am suffering from extreme brain-addling at the moment, and can only recall two different games which I believe to have been on the separate sections.

First test:
One game included five cities, among them vancouver, montreal, honolulu, and two others.  They are connected with flight paths.

Second test:
The second game had 6 paintings by an artist.  The six paintings were from three different time periods (two from each), and you had to figure out if either a museum or a private collector bought each painting.

Anyone with only one Game section recognize either of these?  I have a feeling the first test was experimental simply because it was so weird.

djg

Re: June 2003 LSAT - experimental games section
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2003, 07:11:08 PM »
I took the LSAT June 9 2003; I only had one game section and it was the one about the different cities.

JoeBlow

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2003, 07:26:55 PM »
I have also recently taken the June 2003 LSAT. I am fairly certain that the scored section about which you have curiosity included the game about the 5 cities, ect. The LSAT I took included three logical reasoning sections and I am fairly certain that the third section was experimental b/c of the high incidence of principle questions ... of which consisted of approximately half the questions asked in the third section of the exam I took. Hope this helps and good luck! :)

peter sands

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2003, 02:22:10 AM »
I also had the "cities" game on my LSAT yesterday.

Did anyone else think that this test was actually harder than the "field test" LSAC gave earlier this year? I did.

Joe Blow

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2003, 06:23:21 AM »
I had no problem with the June 2003 LSAT. I thought the logical reasoning was quite easy. I finished each LR section roughly five minutes b/f time was called and was able to check my answers. The Reading Comp. was a bit more difficult than expected, but not impossible. The Analytical Reasoning sections was, to me, of medium difficulty. Three of the games were fairly easy, but the last one that pertained to the cities was difficult. With all things considered, the LSAT was much easier than I expected. But then again, I havent seen my score yet ... so I hope I am not jinxing myself.

Richard Kim

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2003, 03:31:05 PM »
The first section was definitely the real one (the "cities" one). I found this out in the middle of section five, when I realized that the first logic games section had 23 questions, and the third one had 22 questions. The other three sections had a total of 78 questions, and given that the LSAT is a 101 question test, the first section must have been the true one. This really shocked me, because I did terribly on the "cities" problem... I completely guessed on four of the questions in that game alone. How many possible combinations were there anyway?

LDawg

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2003, 08:24:20 PM »
The first section was definitely the real one (the "cities" one). I found this out in the middle of section five, when I realized that the first logic games section had 23 questions, and the third one had 22 questions. The other three sections had a total of 78 questions, and given that the LSAT is a 101 question test, the first section must have been the true one. This really shocked me, because I did terribly on the "cities" problem... I completely guessed on four of the questions in that game alone. How many possible combinations were there anyway?

I think you're referring to the question where it asks what is the maximum number of flights possible.  I believe the answer is 5.  If anyone else came up with more, please speak up, for I would like to know also.

Cheers,
LDawg

WookieWill

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2003, 02:40:23 PM »
I put 5 too (I think)...two days after the test and i cant remember anything :D

Clmstgr

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2003, 06:04:35 AM »
I had only 1 games section, two reading comp sections. Oh by the way, I put 5 possible city combinations

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2003, 11:20:38 AM »
for the reading comp section on leading questions, what did everyone put as the main point?  also, there was another one for that passage about how to adjust the questions or make the questions not so... leading?  i don't remember exactly.  what did everyone put!!