Law School Discussion

YAY!!!! GMU Wait List

Re: YAY!!!! GMU Wait List
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 01:00:06 AM »
I am speechlessÖ  :o I got waitlisted not dinged!  I cannot believe it.  I didnít think Iíd get past the person who enters the information into the computer.  Letís just say my Chiashu percentage is to the negative factor.  Amen!

underwhelm

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2005, 05:46:23 AM »
I think GM shifted strategies dramatically in the middle of the cycle. They were auto-admitting people with high LSAT scores early on, but at some point they stopped and "got serious." (This is based on data from LSN)

So if phila and I had applied a little earlier we probably would have gotten in no question. Now I'm just waiting for my waitlist as well, because they probably expect both of us have already gotten in at better schools so there's no sense in admitting us outright.

NoVa

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2005, 06:42:00 AM »
i got the WL letter, too.  Honstly, I just expected an outright ding, but I'm still not sure that my chances are very good.  Now if I could just hear back from ANYONE else...

lauralynne

• '02 PSU Alum
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LangelK
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2005, 08:14:23 AM »
I got a waitlist too (163/3.71).  But, I've decided that I'm going to Pitt anyway.  I have to say I was surprised by the WL, but I don't really care.

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2005, 10:17:35 AM »
I am quite the opposite. GMU has a 13% acceptance rate, which is really low, usually about the 5 or 6th lowest, because they get so many so-so applicants like myself..  I expected the waitlist after looking at LSN.  I am not too worried about it, I really want to go Maryland, which has me on hold, I applied to GMU just in case Maryland denied me and GMU accepted me or if they offered money to make it compareable costwise to Maryland which I am in state for, neither of which looks likely, so this one stings a lot less than my Maryland hold. 

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2005, 06:59:02 PM »
I went to college out of state, but currently live in Miami. 

I would sooner go to UM (for law school) over GMU. 

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2005, 07:30:51 PM »
I think GM shifted strategies dramatically in the middle of the cycle. They were auto-admitting people with high LSAT scores early on, but at some point they stopped and "got serious." (This is based on data from LSN)

So if phila and I had applied a little earlier we probably would have gotten in no question. Now I'm just waiting for my waitlist as well, because they probably expect both of us have already gotten in at better schools so there's no sense in admitting us outright.

Not so sure this is true, my application went complete ~March 10th and i was in on March 18th.  My numbers are 2.7/171 (but my undergrad institution is famous for super low gpa's. . .anyone heard of Harvey Mudd).  Anywyas, there's still hope for people with high LSAT's that applied late in the game (or at least I keep telling myself that  :P).

shortckt

• Rambling Wreck
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2005, 08:46:38 AM »
Also Waitlisted
156/3.0

Letter dated 03/31/2004
I was out of town visiting USD over the weekend and came home to find the letter.
Will stay on the list for PT only.

underwhelm

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2005, 03:12:51 PM »
Got my waitlist letter today. Meh!

RUSewCrazy

• 2.6/163
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2005, 03:16:57 PM »
Another GMU waitlist checking in, and a DING from Emory! So-so mail today. :/