Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Miami  (Read 61103 times)

canegirl08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Miami
« Reply #820 on: August 09, 2005, 07:34:10 AM »
Have a safe trip!!
GO CANES!! I bleed orange and green!

goingtomiami

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 09, 2005, 06:05:15 PM »
Can anyone direct me to some furniture stores in the Miami/Coral Gables area?  I need to buy a wooden dining table and a few other things.

Thanks!

canegirl08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 09, 2005, 08:29:12 PM »
There is a place called City Furniture.  The only store I know of is on 836 just west of I-95.  I don't know if they have great furniture, I've just seen people in my apartments ordering from them and they bought cute stuff.  As cheesy as it sounds, Target has some super cute stuff.  That is where I got most of my stuff for my apartment.

canegirl08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 09, 2005, 09:52:30 PM »
FYI regarding the parking ticket issue... The UM website says there is a grace period for getting your decal.  They said you can get it during your first week of class.  See below for more info.

http://www.law.miami.edu/admitted/faq.html#11

NCCane

• AOL Instant Messenger - BrandonG5757
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #824 on: August 09, 2005, 09:56:46 PM »
goingtomiami: I don't know what kind of budget you're on, but there's an Ashley Furniture in Kendall, around 137th Ave and a place called El Dorado Furniture, also around 137th Ave. My experience is that I've found some stuff in Ashley that's a little bit more expensive than what you'd find in Target, but it's also a little bit nicer and sturdier. El Dorado is just.....interesting. There's also a Rooms to Go somewhere in Kendall, but I've heard some bad things about their customer service and delivery.

On a different note, has anybody been to Amika before? I'm not really a South Beach club type of person, but it sounds interesting, and I'd like to meet a few people before Orientation actually starts.

canegirl08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #825 on: August 09, 2005, 10:38:57 PM »
Linzy and I went to Amika with some of her friends.  It was nice.  Very expensive though.  I'd tell you to go just because it is nice to meet people before the craziness of school starts.

Linzy628

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 10, 2005, 03:17:14 AM »
Yea, we had a lot of fun...its a pretty cool place but remember that annoying siren that kept going off? Then you left me to dance and have fun but I had to sit with my drunk friend who had the hiccups so bad I thought he was going to pass out. He totally wanted you and your friend by the way!! You are the cutest, canegirl!!
LSAC GPA 3.63, LSAT 158

canegirl08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 10, 2005, 01:40:04 PM »
Thanks darlin!  Sorry I left ya but when you get the chance to go into the VIP area and drink on someone elses tab...you just have to take it!! :)  I love your crew!  We will have to go out again soon!  Maybe after the dean's dinner?

goingtomiami

• View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 10, 2005, 02:50:44 PM »
canegirl08, NCCane

Thanks for the info!

djladyjo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 10, 2005, 03:57:37 PM »
well i've already made some really good friends at these orientation events.. and other non-official events.. i must say that everyone i've met has been super cool... I think we have a really nice class  :)

i will be going to the Marlins game tonight.. so if you're going, i'll see ya tonight..

I'm going on vacation tomorrow, so if i dont see ya tonight, i'll meet the rest of you at orientation on Monday for sure..

Good luck to those that are still in the moving-in process..