Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Miami  (Read 59081 times)

calikate

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Miami
« Reply #800 on: August 05, 2005, 10:33:29 AM »
If you send in a voided check and UM's form, you can have the funds direct deposited. Otherwise, i guess they print out a check for you to deposit. I have Washington Mutual for my bank, since they have branches all over the country, so you may want to set up an account with them or B of A (although they suck because they have fees for everything). My only concern is that we get our money the first day of classes so that means that we have to save enough to buy our books for those classes before we get our money. And does anyone know when we have to pay for the parking permit? It's $400 so I'd like to wait until after I receive my loan funds, but I read that there are a limited amount of passes avail, so I don't want to wait too long and not get one. And, I think I read that the 1st 2 weeks of school we can park for free and then we have to have the permit. Is this true?

VeniceJazz

• View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 05, 2005, 10:47:17 AM »
It's funny, isn't it, how they give us our loans AFTER classes have started? I kind of wish they (the schools, the government, whoever) were a little more upfront about the loans in general. They should really point out that, regardless of the aid your recieve, you'll need to have several thousand dollars in the bank to begin law school and that the loans will really NOT cover the cost of attending- unless perhaps you live in a closet and eat beans everynight.

Linzy628

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 05, 2005, 11:40:58 AM »
is anyone coming to yage tonight?
LSAC GPA 3.63, LSAT 158

calikate

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 05, 2005, 11:45:35 AM »
VeniceJazz, I feel the same way. Plus, when you figure in the disbursement fees we get a decent amount less than we're supposed to.

canegirl08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 05, 2005, 12:09:42 PM »
Linzy,

I'll be at Yage tonight with a friend of mine.
GO CANES!! I bleed orange and green!

VeniceJazz

• View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 05, 2005, 12:12:44 PM »
er, not to sound stupid, but what's yage? I think i might be the only person who is still not in Miami. Planning on getting there the 11th. hopefully it will give me time to get everything done before orientation.

billthethrill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 05, 2005, 12:21:19 PM »
I had to leave Miami this weekend for a friend's wedding and I am missing every single pre-orientation event that I had any interest in attending.  I may try to go to the baseball game when I get back. 
Going to Miami

mike29

• View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 05, 2005, 01:12:30 PM »
I noticed that the sobe club night info is now posted on the orientation site.    http://www.law.miami.edu/admitted/orientation/images/amika.jpg

djladyjo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 05, 2005, 02:56:26 PM »
hey everyone! just got back into town this morning..

I'll be going to Yage also.. so hopefully i'll get to meet some you tonight!

-Jo

Venice, Yage = location of tonight's happy hour pre-orientation event

frankm007

« Reply #809 on: August 05, 2005, 04:50:29 PM »
You guys are starting LS at UM when anyway? This coming fall eh?