Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Miami  (Read 60946 times)

Linzy628

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Miami
« Reply #790 on: July 28, 2005, 11:07:02 AM »
my friend just got admitted off the waitlist!! So to those of you out there that are still waiting and want to get in, there's hope for you yet!!!
LSAC GPA 3.63, LSAT 158

labmt

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 28, 2005, 10:02:07 PM »
Linzy - When did your friend get the acceptance letter? Do you know if he did any follow up?

Linzy628

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 29, 2005, 01:23:15 AM »
he found out two days ago, i'm not sure if it was by mail or by phone. I am picking him up from the airport tomorrow he is staying with me for the weekend and I am going to help him find an apartment.(anyone know of anywhere other than santona?)

What i do know is that a few months ago most people on the waitlist got a letter in the mail saying "thanks, but we are not accepting anyone off the waitlist, blah blah" - my friend did NOT get that letter. He must have been at the top of the waitlist and when someone withdrew at the last minute, he got in.
LSAC GPA 3.63, LSAT 158

canegirl08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 30, 2005, 10:12:33 PM »
Hi all!!  Just got in to my apartment in Miami and found out one of my neighbors has wireless internet!  YEA!  I'm piggy backing off their signal.  My internet will be alive and kicking on tuesday so I don't feel bad stealing for a few days. 

Is anyone going to the pre-orientation events? 
GO CANES!! I bleed orange and green!

labmt

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 02, 2005, 08:24:34 PM »
Can anyone give me information on an apartment complex called Lakeside Towers? It's in Kendall. Is it nice at all? The pictures on ApartmentGuide.com look nice, but it's pretty cheap. In my experience the cheaper you go the sketchier things get.

Thanks!

canegirl08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: August 02, 2005, 09:01:33 PM »
Labmt,

I looked at it online.  One main reason it is so cheap is that it is so far away.  Basically, it is at 75th street and 152 avenue.  For contrast, the law school is at approximately 56th street and 57th avenue.  That is pretty far!!  From the picture it looks nice though.

labmt

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 02, 2005, 09:52:45 PM »
Yeah, I noted the distance, but at this point I'm desperate. If I could get a cheaper place around school I would, but circumstances are such that I am forced to look outside of Coral Gables. Thanks for the response though.

mike29

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 03, 2005, 09:27:16 PM »
So.....stupid question....what are you bringing with you to orientation? 

canegirl08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 03, 2005, 10:14:36 PM »
besides the basics that are always in my purse (ID, money, etc), all I'm bringing is a pen.  They are giving us packets so I figure I can always write on the back of a sheet of paper if I need to.

VeniceJazz

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 05, 2005, 09:35:08 AM »
so here's a really stupid question. Do they just write us a check for our student loans? I don't have a bank account in FL yet. Guess I'll have to do that right away. Any recommendations?