Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Miami  (Read 61763 times)

calikate

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Miami
« Reply #590 on: June 13, 2005, 04:20:54 PM »
My impression was that you cannot rent anywhere in Coral Gables (near the campus) with certain types of vehicles. And I think it depends on the type of SUV. I guess some are considered to be more of a "truck" and others more of a "car." It all sounded pretty stupid to me and, besides, who'd want to rent somewhere with tons of "rules."

goingtomiami

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 13, 2005, 06:48:11 PM »
everyone -

what should i do once i finish my apps for my loans.  i recently finished the online applications for both the stafford and private loan.  i signed both electronically.  do i need to do anything else?  it said that i need to wait for certification from the school - is that all i need to do?  do i need to send in a signed hardcopy?

thanks!

Krambho

• MSN Messenger - Krambho@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 13, 2005, 07:15:08 PM »
dsmit56 I will look for places that allow SUV's. Also anyone else interested feel free to contact me.

billthethrill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 13, 2005, 08:40:22 PM »
everyone -

what should i do once i finish my apps for my loans.  i recently finished the online applications for both the stafford and private loan.  i signed both electronically.  do i need to do anything else?  it said that i need to wait for certification from the school - is that all i need to do?  do i need to send in a signed hardcopy?

thanks!

I was wondering that myself.  For the Federal loan I think the electronically signed MPN is all you need.  I do not know about the Private loans.  Mine has been in for about two weeks with my electronic signiture and my cosignors paper signiture.  It says the credit is approved but it is still waiting for the school to certify (which I hope they do in the near future).  There is a space on the status screen for "Recieved Promissory Note" and it is blank.  I have no idea if there is a promissory note that I still have to sign.  I hope Miami gets off their butt and certifies my loan soon so I can stop stressing about it.
Going to Miami

djladyjo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 14, 2005, 12:05:20 AM »
i got the orientation packet in the mail today!

It would have been more exciting if I hadnt read the admitted students website.. because it just includes a copy of everything on the website, printed in different color sheets..  :-*

calikate

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 14, 2005, 11:42:54 AM »
Which orientation events are you guys planning to attend? I wonder what they have planned during the actual 2 days of orientation.

Linzy628

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 14, 2005, 04:30:59 PM »
There is no way that SUVs are not allowed - I know as a fact because my boyfriend lived off Santona St (directly across from campus) and he drives an Explorer. All his friends drive SUVs as well...plus I saw a ton of them in the law school parking lot. If the entire city of Coral Gables forbids SUVs then so would the law school...maybe this so called "law" is for street parking or something else, but otherwise this is just rediculous.
LSAC GPA 3.63, LSAT 158

mike29

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 14, 2005, 08:58:31 PM »
Is anyone getting one of the meal plans (like the one meal a day)?  Re: all the posts about parking at the law school....never been happier to have a mini :) lol.

djladyjo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 14, 2005, 11:20:35 PM »
i was wondering about meals.. i would hate to have a meal plan at this age.. but what WILL we do for lunch? eating out everyday gets expensive, especially when living mostly on loans..

would it be silly to bring your own lunch? do they even have microwaves or anything of the sort to use?  Depnding on our schedules, we may be able to shoot home for meals.. i dunno..

canegirl08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 15, 2005, 12:14:04 AM »
Which orientation events are you guys planning to attend? I wonder what they have planned during the actual 2 days of orientation.

I'm definately doing the Star Island cruise and probably the happy hour at that one bar. I'm also excited about the baseball game. 

I've heard from some 2 and 3Ls that they have little skits and activities during orientation.  Then, on Tuesday night, they take us out to an ultra-swanky dinner at the Biltmore and surreptitiously post the assignments.  Sneaky them! :)
GO CANES!! I bleed orange and green!