Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Miami  (Read 59107 times)

billthethrill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Miami
« Reply #290 on: May 18, 2005, 01:13:07 AM »
i seriously wouldnt stress about hurricanes or shelters right now.. we get plenty of notice and you have better things to stress about right now..
The shelters are opened a few at a time at first.. so even if I knew of one, it may not be opened during the next storm or whatever.. we seriously have DAYS to prepare for them. and I wouldnt be surprised if UM had a shelter or something.. or there was one by there..

I went to UNC-W on the NC coast and everytime a hurricane came they kicked all the poor dorm rats off the campus (probably because of insurance liability) so I am not hopefull that UM will provide shelter.  I guess I will worry about it when the time comes.
Going to Miami

goingtomiami

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 18, 2005, 12:14:47 PM »
any married couples attending Miami?  anyone bringing their significant others to law school with them?  I am single - hopefully I will meet someone in Miami (not at the law school though).

calikate

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 18, 2005, 12:41:23 PM »
I'm married. My husband will be commuting between Miami and LA at first for his job, until he finds something with equivalent pay out there.I'm fine with it, since I'll be really busy at first and he always wants to go places and I have a hard time saying no :) We're a good match so I'm not worried about the commuting thing. I'm more worried about all our friends and family who want to visit. I have no idea how that's gonna work. Anyone else concerned about this?

jeffgdula

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - jeffgdula@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffgdula
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jeffgdula
    • View Profile
    • JeffGdula.com
« Reply #293 on: May 18, 2005, 07:29:03 PM »
Is everybody planning on staying in the area to work after school or I am the only one that doesn't?

billthethrill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 18, 2005, 07:34:30 PM »
Is everybody planning on staying in the area to work after school or I am the only one that doesn't?

A lot will depend on how things go in Law School and how I like the city while I am in school.  If I do poorly in school then it is more likely that I will move back to NC where my family has connections. 
Going to Miami

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 18, 2005, 07:56:18 PM »
im definitely planning to stay in miami after school.  i have some good connections and my whole family is down there.

canegirl08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 18, 2005, 10:02:20 PM »
Hi all!!

Man am I slow.  I was accepted back in February but just stumbled across this posting.  I went to SMU (in Texas) and will be going to UM this fall. 

Do any of the girls from Miami know of a good nail salon?  I get the pink and white solar nails.  The important things in life ya know...

Can't wait to meet all of y'all!

Robin
GO CANES!! I bleed orange and green!

jeffgdula

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - jeffgdula@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffgdula
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jeffgdula
    • View Profile
    • JeffGdula.com
« Reply #297 on: May 18, 2005, 11:12:18 PM »
Hi all!!

Man am I slow.  I was accepted back in February but just stumbled across this posting.  I went to SMU (in Texas) and will be going to UM this fall. 

Do any of the girls from Miami know of a good nail salon?  I get the pink and white solar nails.  The important things in life ya know...

Can't wait to meet all of y'all!

Robin

Hey Robin!

Nice to meet you ;)

Jeff

croquetdc

• My Hero
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #298 on: May 19, 2005, 08:15:46 AM »
Pumpkin,

I'll buy you a beer if you come to Miami.
"Yeah, I know, some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school!"
                           -Dave Attell

goingtomiami

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 19, 2005, 12:58:52 PM »
is it tackle or touch (the game between students)?