Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Miami  (Read 61183 times)

calikate

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Miami
« Reply #230 on: May 11, 2005, 10:49:55 AM »
This is sorta sad, but I watch parts of Bad Boys 2 like 3 times a week. Gets me really excited to be in Miami :)

My caneid was in my email this morning too. Miami is really on top of things when it comes to keeping us notified about stuff. That's part of the reason I chose to go there.

djladyjo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 11, 2005, 11:06:45 AM »
This is sorta sad, but I watch parts of Bad Boys 2 like 3 times a week. Gets me really excited to be in Miami :)

oooh you should also watch 2 Fast 2 Furious...lots of nice scenes of Miami there.. or there is also Meet the Fockers.. and There's Something About Mary.. or CSI: Miami on TV.. ;)

calikate

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 11, 2005, 11:11:10 AM »
I had forgotten about 2 fast 2 furious. But I think a lot of CSI Miami is filmed in LA (as is Nip/Tuck). I pass crew signs for them all the time. I watched "Out of Time" with Denzel Washington this past weekend and there were only a couple of scenes in Miami. A little disappointing.

calikate

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 11, 2005, 11:26:24 AM »
Can anyone recommend some good cheap restaurants (places locals would recommend)? I want to start trying places out when I'm there in June :) I always try to find a good pizza, thai, indian, chinese and sushi place.

goingtomiami

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 11, 2005, 01:30:06 PM »
i watch control/caliente on telemundo - they always are doing something in miami.

Linzy628

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 11, 2005, 01:32:00 PM »
I am getting psyched. Is anyone else planning to live in Brickell?? It's only like a ten minute drive to school against traffic and I found a really great place.

Anyone bringing a pet with them to school?? I am moving with my little dog and Florida has some crazy bugs. I hope she will be able to adjust to all the new surroundings.

LSAC GPA 3.63, LSAT 158

croquetdc

• My Hero
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #236 on: May 11, 2005, 02:26:04 PM »
Calikate,

Are you in the Johnson Institute?

"Yeah, I know, some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school!"
                           -Dave Attell

djladyjo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 11, 2005, 03:11:53 PM »
Can anyone recommend some good cheap restaurants (places locals would recommend)? I want to start trying places out when I'm there in June :) I always try to find a good pizza, thai, indian, chinese and sushi place.

keyword being cheap.. hmm.. Pasha's is great for Middle Esatern food.. like Shishkabobs and stuff.. they have excellent deals and they have two locations: Lincoln Road Mall in South Beach and Another one in the Design District.. i'd go to the former.. since the one in the Design District has irregular hours..

Italian Food (like really authentic stuff) I'd recommend Rosinella's .. they have one location in Brickell and another in Lincold Road Mall.. both are great.. I lived in Florence for one year, and thats the closest to authentic italian food i've found..

Pizza.. there are many places that have that real thin and crispy european-style pizza.. like Spris.. one location in Lincoln Road and another in Coral Gables..

Thai.. there is a little restaurant on Sunset Drive (9999 Sunset Drive, to be exact)  called Siam Palace.. it is absolutely awesome! The decor, the food, the service.. all top-notch..

I think some other people in this thread mentioned some Indian places before, too..

TheFloridaGuy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 11, 2005, 03:20:35 PM »
Porcao is a cool restaurant in Brickell.  It's a Brazilian steakhouse, it's no  Fogo de Chao, but its the only one of its type in Miami.

http://www.porcao.com.br/

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 11, 2005, 03:24:34 PM »
my favorite pizza on the beach is gino's on washington ave.  its soooo good.