Law School Discussion

University of Miami

Re: University of Miami
« Reply #730 on: July 09, 2005, 05:57:39 AM »
I had no idea NC was so small! :)

« Reply #731 on: July 09, 2005, 08:50:13 AM »
whoa.. the effects of Dennis last nite were much more intense than anything Miami felt from last year's hurricanes..

the wind was so strong and small debris was flying everyhwere..the wind was so loud and made such a cool noice that it was hard to sleep.. never heard anything like it..

at least the brunt of the storm did not come anywhere near us.. all Miami has is a few fallen trees and power outages..

now we have tornado watches till 4pm..

(for some reason, hurricanes dont scare me.. but tornadoes do.. damn hollywood for that!)

« Reply #732 on: July 09, 2005, 12:03:32 PM »

I mistakenly said a couple of years ago, it was really more like ten or fifteen (that we had two area codes).  Turns out now there are actually 8 area codes.   I thought there were only four.  That is what I get for never leaving the Eastern half of the state.

« Reply #733 on: July 09, 2005, 01:12:43 PM »

I mistakenly said a couple of years ago, it was really more like ten or fifteen (that we had two area codes).  Turns out now there are actually 8 area codes.   I thought there were only four.  That is what I get for never leaving the Eastern half of the state.

It could be worse... in a 60 mile radius we (Dallas-Ft. Worth) have at least 5 area codes with talk of adding 2 more!

« Reply #734 on: July 10, 2005, 11:21:35 AM »
For all those who have set up their apartments....what did you get for TV?  I'm thinking of getting Direct TV but, at my old apartment, it went out everytime it rained.  How is it in Miami?

« Reply #735 on: July 10, 2005, 01:31:33 PM »
For all those who have set up their apartments....what did you get for TV?  I'm thinking of getting Direct TV but, at my old apartment, it went out everytime it rained.  How is it in Miami?

I'm going to go without cable or Direct TV my first year.  I don't want the distraction. 

When I was apartment hunting I did see a lot of Direct TV dishes.

« Reply #736 on: July 10, 2005, 02:24:15 PM »
See, I can't go without TLC or Law and Order.  Its a drug. :)

« Reply #737 on: July 10, 2005, 11:12:32 PM »
See, I can't go without TLC

I am addicted to "In a Fix", too bad I moved to Miami just in time for the show to be cancelled.

« Reply #738 on: July 11, 2005, 02:11:56 PM »
the tentative orientation schedule's been posted on the admitted students site.  looks like we'll have to be early risers from the beginning.  i think i'm going to have to bring some redbull along to make it through the afternoons. 

« Reply #739 on: July 11, 2005, 02:23:09 PM »
WOO HOO!  Having a last name at the end of the alphabet is finally paying off....I get to sleep in an extra 30 minutes!