Author Topic: Pace  (Read 1406 times)

jolyssa

• View Profile
    • Email
Pace
« on: April 02, 2005, 01:53:13 PM »
Got my rejection letter yesterday.

:(

It will probably be NYLS AAMPLE for me (which I chose over Albany's AAMPLE) since I  don't have any other accepts, nor have I heard from other schools.

Sucks, I was hoping to get a full admission somewhere.

Alamss

Re: Pace
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 11:30:35 PM »
Sorry to hear that Jolyssa, Yeh NYC should be fun. What were your numbers if you don't mind me asking?

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 09:47:31 AM »
Why did you pick NYLS AAMPLE over Albany AAMPLE. Just curious.

Sorry to hear that you recieved no out right acceptances.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

jolyssa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 03:26:54 PM »
I chose NYLS because I currently work in NYC and I live in NJ about a half hour away from the city.  So it will be cheaper for me since I wouldn't have to relocate and I might still keep my job at the law office (admission after AAMPLE at NYLS is only for the part-time program).  Also, I like the public interest program at NYLS because I'm thinking about going into immigration law.

If CUNY accepts me, I might go there instead, but I'm still not sure and I'm not looking forward to anymore accepts.

Have you decided to do Albany's ample or go to Vermont?

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 04:07:49 PM »
Hi,

Those sound like really solid reasons to go through the NYLS AAMPLE instead of the Albany AAMPLE program. I was really surprised that I got rejected from NYLS, I thought I would have at least gotten the WL there. It made no sense from the turn out that I got from other schools. But, I suppose there are surprises here and there in the admissions process. Good luck with the NYLS AAMPLE program. Is it online or in the classroom?

I hope that you get accepted at CUNY. It is always nice to have options. What other schools are you waiting on?

I decided to go for through the Albany AAMPLE program because I think I would be happier in Albany than in Vermont, however, I put a seat deposit down at Vermont, just in case things do not pan out with Albany.

I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

jolyssa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 09:15:24 PM »
The NYLS AAMPLE is also online.  I think it's the very same program at Albany--even the classes with Nova are the same(Criminal Procedures and Negotiable Instruments) .  I'm a little nervous about the classes online.  I think I would be a lot more comfortable if they were actual classes, but oh well.

I'm still waiting on Syracuse and Rutgers-Newark.  I'm surprised I haven't gotten my rejections letters from them yet.  They probably send them all out in bunches.

Good luck with the Albany AAMPLE too.  I've read that you are also waitlisted at a few other places, so maybe those will work out for you. We should keep in touch since we are doing the same AAMPLE program.

leoladybug

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 10:17:19 AM »
I was offered an conditional accept at Loyola NO (actual classes) and chose that over the AAMPLE program at Albany.

I am also waiting on CUNY and Syracuse.  I would be excited with an offer from either place since I am from NYS.  I am interested in international human rights law.

Best of luck ot you in the AAMPLE program as well as with your pending apps!  Maybe I will see you at CUNY or Syracuse in the fall!! :)

jolyssa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 12:24:00 PM »
Leolady,

Thanks.  Good luck on your program too.  It's nice that you can go to actual classes.

I've accepted the fact that the AAMPLE program is it for me, but I still really hope to hear from the other schools.  I highly doubt admission since my LSATs are so low.

Well, good luck to us!