Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: William & Mary waitlist  (Read 6223 times)

Taffytowne

• AOL Instant Messenger - topgunakamav001
    • View Profile
William & Mary waitlist
« on: April 02, 2005, 09:42:03 AM »
Does anyone know the chances of getting into W&M off of the waitlist, and when they would start tp notify people? Judging by  LSN it looks like they have a very long list.

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: William & Mary waitlist
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 01:50:04 PM »
Some people seem to think that a lot of people will get off the waitlist at William and Mary this year.  In reality though, even the school itself doesn't know anything for sure till after their deposit deadline and those who guess are guessing on partial information.  It might be clearer in a couple weeks after the have their deposits due, but till then nobody really knows.
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School

Littlelaurieb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 11:08:56 PM »
I talked to William and Mary just recently and they told me that if they decide to take from the waitlist they will start notifying people as early as may.  I've heard that they are very hard to get off the waitlist for though.... ::)

BraveheartDC

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Tribe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 01:32:43 AM »
Did they say when in May?  The letter they sent out to the people on the waitlist said it would be unlikely to hear anything until June?  I wonder if by May they mean May 31 or somewhere much earlier, like May 1 or May 15.  That'd make a huge difference for some of us who want to go there and are stuck in limbo. 

Historically, I think it is very hard to get off any waitlist.  Who knows what it will be like this year at W&M.  The odds are probably against any one individual, but I would say it's likely that SOMEONE will get in.  The way I think about it, it might as well be me (or you for you obviously).
3.80 UGPA + 161 LSAT

Attending: William & Mary

Accepted off waitlist: William & Mary

Accepted: George Mason (withdrawn), University of Florida (withdrawn), Florida St. + $4K/YR (withdrawn), & American (withdrawn)

Waitlist: University of Virginia

Denied: Georgetown & University of Texas

durdur82

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 02:20:11 AM »
im waitlisted there too.

i applied last year and got waitlisted. sucks

ASNetlenov

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 03:23:48 PM »
I talked to W&M and got the impression that it would be early to mid-May. Someone told me on another discussion that a buddy of his got in off of the waitlist in May last year. So it looks like it will be another month.

apopheniac

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 03:48:19 PM »
W&M requires a $500 deposit by 5/1 to reserve a seat - so they probably start letting the top people on the WL know shortly they have time to tabulate who is in and who is out.  W&M admitted about 800 this year, entering class size expected to be about 200.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 03:42:08 PM »
W&M requires a $500 deposit by 5/1 to reserve a seat - so they probably start letting the top people on the WL know shortly they have time to tabulate who is in and who is out.  W&M admitted about 800 this year, entering class size expected to be about 200.
Anyone know their historic yield?

ASNetlenov

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 03:49:32 PM »
Last year they took 848, so maybe we have a chance.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 04:01:00 PM »
It was 20% last year. Who knows...