Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Surcharge on car rentals for ppl under 25: what a crock!  (Read 993 times)

VivaLaMuerte

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Surcharge on car rentals for ppl under 25: what a crock!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2005, 01:35:28 PM »
This annoying fact can sometimes be overcome if you have Progressive Insurance or a membership to AAA.

helendemilo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My name is M, I'm a lesser-known character.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rocketscience87
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2005, 01:41:37 PM »
The most frustrating thing is that I have been traveling a lot for work since I was 22.  Hertz and Avis won't rent at all to anyone under 25.  Dollar and what's the other major one charge $25 a day.  The best deal is Enterprise.  I'm like, "this is insane, my job thinks I am responsible to fly around and take care of business, and yet when I get there, I can't rent a car to get to my meeting."  Sigghhhh.  I've rented so much from the Enterprise in Oakland that they know me and they just waive the fee.  That's nice of them.

VivaLaMuerte

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2005, 01:48:06 PM »
I actually went to the Enterprise in oakland.  they were great, because they waived my fee too, since I was renting for 2 weeks.

ccorsi

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2005, 02:12:42 PM »
You want insane rules vs. responsibility and age?

Try being in the military @ 19 and subject to being killed for your country and not allowed to legally have a beer.

No offense, but that trumps surcharge for insurance.

C2

ilsox7

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2005, 02:15:34 PM »
The most frustrating thing is that I have been traveling a lot for work since I was 22.  Hertz and Avis won't rent at all to anyone under 25.  Dollar and what's the other major one charge $25 a day.  The best deal is Enterprise.  I'm like, "this is insane, my job thinks I am responsible to fly around and take care of business, and yet when I get there, I can't rent a car to get to my meeting."  Sigghhhh.  I've rented so much from the Enterprise in Oakland that they know me and they just waive the fee.  That's nice of them.

Hertz does rent to people under 25.  When I travelled on the company, all insurance and fees were charged to my company and Hertz had no problem renting me a car.

helendemilo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2005, 05:01:02 PM »
You want insane rules vs. responsibility and age?

Try being in the military @ 19 and subject to being killed for your country and not allowed to legally have a beer.

No offense, but that trumps surcharge for insurance.

C2

At least you can vote now!

helendemilo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2005, 05:01:41 PM »

Hertz does rent to people under 25.  When I travelled on the company, all insurance and fees were charged to my company and Hertz had no problem renting me a car.

If you have a corporate account.  My company is too small to have a corporate account.

thisis1984

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2005, 05:55:17 PM »
"kiddos" -?? puh-lease!

I've never been a fan of age-discrimination.

Kwertee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2005, 06:00:31 PM »
"kiddos" -?? puh-lease!

I've never been a fan of age-discrimination.

I agree.  People of any age should be able to drive whatever car they want, rental or not.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2005, 07:38:02 PM »
Yes, as opposed to old people, who by driving their boat-sized cars 20mph under the speed limit in the fast lane and never look when backing up are CLEARLY a better bet for car rental agencies.

'xactly.

by way:  do much drinking?