Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Duke Priority Waitlist  (Read 2036 times)

mbar1357

• View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
Re: Duke Priority Waitlist
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 04:02:57 PM »
Has anyone called or e-mailed the school to ask?  I'm sure a simple phone call would answer the question.  My guess is that the priority waitlist applies only to the joint degree program, as my waitlist letter (for regular fall admission) didn't say anything about a 'normal' vs. 'priority' waitlist.  I can't imagine that they would have a priority waitlist ABOVE the regular waitlist, and not tell those of us who have been waitlisted. 

carly

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2005, 04:10:19 PM »
Hey guys!

I am also on the priority waitlist at Duke and am applying for a dual degree program. I believe they only have two waitlists: a priority wl and a regular one. I'm not 100% sure but this is what I think based on information I got from previous posts saying that they were accepted off of the priority wl for the Fall start.

iwantin

• Sr. Citizen
  • My name is Egyptian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2005, 08:22:58 PM »
Ok...I am thoroughly confused here.  And I am going to call the office in order to find out the difference.  However...

I applied for the dual degree program.  It says that I will need to call in mid-June and state whether or not I wish to remain on the waitlist for the fall entry.  Also, according to the previous posts, there was a separate letter for people on the priority waitlist.  (One saying that you were waitlisted in general and another saying that you were on the priority list) 

I know that I only received one letter...so I'm obviously not on the priority waitlist.  So there MUST be AT LEAST three waitlists...priority waitlist for dual degree...regular waitlist for dual degree...regular waitlist for fall entry.  As stated earlier, I think it's a silly way of waitlisting people...they might as well rank everyone on two lists (dual degree and regular JD).  And where is the post saying that someone was accepted off the priority waitlist for the Fall start?
"You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And you are the one who'll decide where you'll go.
Oh the places you'll go."

ksukowat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005, 12:09:37 AM »
Ok...I am thoroughly confused here.  And I am going to call the office in order to find out the difference.  However...

I applied for the dual degree program.  It says that I will need to call in mid-June and state whether or not I wish to remain on the waitlist for the fall entry.  Also, according to the previous posts, there was a separate letter for people on the priority waitlist.  (One saying that you were waitlisted in general and another saying that you were on the priority list) 

I know that I only received one letter...so I'm obviously not on the priority waitlist.  So there MUST be AT LEAST three waitlists...priority waitlist for dual degree...regular waitlist for dual degree...regular waitlist for fall entry.  As stated earlier, I think it's a silly way of waitlisting people...they might as well rank everyone on two lists (dual degree and regular JD).  And where is the post saying that someone was accepted off the priority waitlist for the Fall start?

What dual degree program did you apply for at Univ of Denver?

lcmatl

• View Profile
    • my stats
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2005, 10:01:38 AM »
Just talked to the Duke Admissions Office. There is a priority waitlist for the regular JD program. Wish they'd told us there were two waitlists in their letter--saying there was no ranking and then not mentioning the two lists is pretty misleading. They say the priority waitlist is "short," but they won't give numbers. Arghhh. Guess I can rule out Duke, then, since I'm didn't make the priority list.

iwantin

• Sr. Citizen
  • My name is Egyptian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2005, 01:32:27 PM »
I applied to the MA (psych) and JD program.  STILL NO OFFICIAL LETTER from them. 

As for the waitlist situation, that just SUCKS.  I just called the office also, and she said, "If there is a priority waitlist, those individuals will be notified."  THE END.  I'm assuming that there are four lists now.  Priority for summer and fall...and then the regular waitlists for summer and fall.  They really should've told us that...it IS very misleading.  OH well, VANDY GAVE ME A LIL MONEY!  I wanted to be a "Dukie" but not that bad.
"You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own, and you know what you know.
And you are the one who'll decide where you'll go.
Oh the places you'll go."

stash33

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2005, 01:57:06 PM »
saying there was no ranking and then not mentioning the two lists is pretty misleading.

I'd say so. Obviously if there is a priority waitlist then there are some sort of rankings. I'm sure I'll have much worse things to say when I put on my UNC hat tonight. GO HEELS!

tealight

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2005, 09:44:26 AM »
Withdrawn.  More room for you :)

RubyTuesday

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2005, 10:38:06 AM »
Thanks for withdrawing!

I am going to hang in till the first week of school (Waitlisted at Duke) because my husband is accepted to Fuqua (Duke's Bschool) and we are moving there in August.  I didn't know there were different waitlists. Just hope there is room for us others (non-priority) on the WL too.

After looking at others numbers and stories, I really am amazed I am waitlisted to Duke.

Courage folks!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/accounts.php?action=verify&id=6584&key=eeb163c81ae4fb9e29a839f45b4c541f

RubyTuesday

• View Profile