Law School Discussion

Duke Priority Waitlist

Re: Duke Priority Waitlist
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2005, 08:28:44 PM »
i just got the regular waitlist letter.  did anyone ask duke if anyone on the regular list ever gets in?  it seems like having a priority waitlist means that everyone on the regular waitlist was basically waitlisted as a courtesy.  would they ever take someone off the regular list before the priority list was completely emptied?

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2005, 08:40:33 PM »
i just got the regular waitlist letter.  did anyone ask duke if anyone on the regular list ever gets in?  it seems like having a priority waitlist means that everyone on the regular waitlist was basically waitlisted as a courtesy.  would they ever take someone off the regular list before the priority list was completely emptied?

Check your PM. 

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2005, 08:44:43 PM »
i dont have any new PMs.  try resending.

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2005, 05:57:36 AM »
i dont have any new PMs.  try resending.

Please check your PM again. 

iwantin

• My name is Egyptian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2005, 08:54:17 AM »
I just receive a letter today from Duke saying that I am now on the priority waitlist.  I guess this is a good and a bad thing.  It's good because I was moved from the regular waitlist, but now I guess I'm at the bottom of the priority waitlist.  :-\  I've submitted about...4/5 letters of recommendation (I know that's a lot, but I had to pull out the "big guns;" I also couldn't use some of these in the fall when I applied).  So, there's still HOPE.  I also sent in a letter on continued interest today through the mail.  Good luck all!

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2005, 09:38:24 AM »
I just receive a letter today from Duke saying that I am now on the priority waitlist.  I guess this is a good and a bad thing.  It's good because I was moved from the regular waitlist, but now I guess I'm at the bottom of the priority waitlist.  :-\  I've submitted about...4/5 letters of recommendation (I know that's a lot, but I had to pull out the "big guns;" I also couldn't use some of these in the fall when I applied).  So, there's still HOPE.  I also sent in a letter on continued interest today through the mail.  Good luck all!

This gives me a little more hope. Were you able to speak to any of the admissions deans over the phone about the WL procedure? I'm considering giving them a call... 

iwantin

• My name is Egyptian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2005, 10:44:50 AM »
I called the office about a week ago.  They really weren't trying to give me any information about the waitlist procedures though.  They weren't helpful at all.  But you can try calling...it wouldn't hurt.