Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hold at Maryland  (Read 4415 times)

hammer101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hold at Maryland
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2005, 09:44:22 AM »
Any good news yet anyone??

I withdrew. I was kinda curious to see how it would work out, but I'm out of state so it would be rather expensive. And since I know several of you really want to go there, I took myself off the list.

Good luck to those still waiting!
We want a society where people are free to make choices, to make mistakes, to be generous and compassionate. This is what we mean by a moral society; not a society where the state is responsible for everything, and no one is responsible for the state.
--Margaret Thatcher

beanbeangirl

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2005, 11:09:01 AM »

I withdrew. I was kinda curious to see how it would work out, but I'm out of state so it would be rather expensive. And since I know several of you really want to go there, I took myself off the list.

Awee...you are so nice!  :o I will pray for you for a good law school! I am also out of state for Maryland but I think you can convert to MD Residence after one year.

Anywayz, that's not exactly I meant for " good newes"...I was just to see if anyone got off the wait list...but thanks very much for sharing!

hammer101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2005, 11:35:09 AM »

Awee...you are so nice!  :o I will pray for you for a good law school! I am also out of state for Maryland but I think you can convert to MD Residence after one year.

Anywayz, that's not exactly I meant for " good newes"...I was just to see if anyone got off the wait list...but thanks very much for sharing!

I did a quick scan and think I might have missed the word "good."  :P

But hopefully it'll translate into good news for you!

Yea, the in-state status is another issue. I don't really want to live in MD long term so I wouldn't really have been interested in becoming a resident. It was a tough decision, but in the end it just didn't seem like the right place for me.
We want a society where people are free to make choices, to make mistakes, to be generous and compassionate. This is what we mean by a moral society; not a society where the state is responsible for everything, and no one is responsible for the state.
--Margaret Thatcher

willislaw

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2005, 12:10:37 PM »
Thanks for withdrawing (in a good way of course). Anyways I really think we should hear this week. Last week on the phone she told me the ad committee was meeting "soon" and would be calling acceptances. Everyone cross your fingers!

beanbeangirl

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2005, 02:41:26 PM »
I finally talked to the Director of Admissions...yet she told me a bad news... :-[ both full-time and part-time programs are completely full right now and there is no spot...

sob sob...I guess I just have to be patient and wait.

OnDayAtaTime

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2005, 06:38:29 PM »
I withdrew by mail (a form they sent) on Friday...hope this frees a spot for someone...good luck to all!

willislaw

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2005, 05:26:38 PM »
Anyone get news recently??

willislaw

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2005, 11:14:31 PM »
Got a call to my house from the director of admissions. When i tried to return the call, she had already left the office. Hoping on good news, but I will update tomorrow morning when i call her back........praying alot tonight

gate80

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2005, 03:49:25 PM »
Is there anyone out there besides me who is still on hold at Maryland?  More curious about how ive been on hold for 5 months than whether I get in or not.

DOCLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2005, 01:45:26 PM »
Still on the WL.  I am surprised that the still have some applicants on hold.