Hi, for everyone who's curious about what I said to the director, I simply told her the truth. I told her that Maryland was my first choice, and that I would definitely attend if I were accepted. I was completely honest with her, and I am only putting down a deposit at UMaryland because it's my #1 choice, and I passed up other schools for it. Basically, I think that she knew how much that I wanted to go there, and I was forthright about my plans. I also withdrew my waitlist spots from all other schools as soon as I got in there. I only suggest this route if you're completely sure it's where you want to go. I wish you all the best of luck!!