Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hold at Maryland  (Read 4433 times)

KirbytheWhite

• View Profile
    • LSN profile
Re: Hold at Maryland
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2005, 01:07:19 PM »
P.S. I also sent an additional LOR, a letter of interest, and kept in email contact with an admissions counselor at UMaryland on a regular basis to inform her of my interest. So basically, I hectored them a lot until they finally let me in  ::) I wish you all the best of luck, and hope to see some of you soon at UMD!!  :)

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2005, 04:45:04 PM »
I had a message on my answering machine today when I got back from class that I was accepted off hold.  What a relief.  Good luck to everybody still waiting.
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School

KirbytheWhite

• View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2005, 05:49:57 PM »
Congrats philibusters!!! That's great, I'll see you this fall! :)

beanbeangirl

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2005, 09:43:46 AM »
Hi, for everyone who's curious about what I said to the director, I simply told her the truth. I told her that Maryland was my first choice, and that I would definitely attend if I were accepted. I was completely honest with her, and I am only putting down a deposit at UMaryland because it's my #1 choice, and I passed up other schools for it. Basically, I think that she knew how much that I wanted to go there, and I was forthright about my plans. I also withdrew my waitlist spots from all other schools as soon as I got in there. I only suggest this route if you're completely sure it's where you want to go. I wish you all the best of luck!! :)

Were you able to talk to her on your first try? I left a voicemsg for her earlier this week. I am on my second letter of intents and my graduate professors are going to send in their LORs.

I really want to go to UMaryland Law. I've been here for Hopkins for 4 years and my bf is in Hopkins Med...plus I am really interested in international heathcare law and wanna work in D.C./MD area.

I totally screwed up on my LSAT..no class and no time to study. But hopefully my other stuffs will help me a bit...I hope.. :o

KirbytheWhite

• View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2005, 01:56:21 PM »
Hey there beanbeangirl, I was able to reach her on the first try but I definitely think that you're doing the right thing in being persistent. If she doesn't get back to you in a few days, call her again! I'd keep bugging her until I got her on the line, to be honest. Good Luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! :)

OnDayAtaTime

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2005, 02:45:32 PM »
I just got the call...I am probably going to turn it down soon...good luck to all!

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2005, 05:48:39 PM »
I take it you are going to Emory then HeadAboveWater. I think Emory is considered a better school than Maryland so that if all things were equal Emory is a better choice. I am curious though why you picked it over Maryland considering you lsn profile says you are from maryland.
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School

OnDayAtaTime

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2005, 08:52:24 PM »
Yes I may go to Emory (barring other WL's). I believe that for me it is the better choice...UMD is a great school though and I wish you all the best!

willislaw

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2005, 09:42:53 AM »
Just wanted to keep this thread going... I called admissions the other day and was able to speak to the head of admissions right away, so I am hoping to be recieving that phone call any day now! Good luck everyone

beanbeangirl

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2005, 09:17:07 AM »
Any good news yet anyone??