Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hold at Maryland  (Read 4545 times)

KirbytheWhite

• View Profile
    • LSN profile
Re: Hold at Maryland
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2005, 05:48:00 PM »
OH MY GOSH I just got off hold and I'm in at UMaryland!!! I received the phone call 10 minutes ago, and I have a seat in the fall 2005 class. I can't believe it, UMaryland here I come!! Good Luck to everyone, and I'll be withdrawing my applications from UConn, Temple, Rutgers, Ohio State, Hofstra and Northeastern. To those on the UMaryland hold list - you can do it!! :)

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2005, 06:26:23 PM »
Thats great KirbytheWhite!  I am hoping I am next. 
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School

willislaw

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2005, 11:37:23 PM »
Way to go Kirby!! I am hoping to be in your position and off the damn Hold list soon!!

KirbytheWhite

• View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2005, 12:12:23 PM »
Thanks so much for the encouragement, philibusters and willislaw!!  :) To be honest, what really got me in was calling the director of admissions, who told me that my call was seen as "expressing interest." It seems that they already have a list of people that they want to let in off hold, and as of yesterday they still have empty spaces (probably why they said they'd let on hold people know by next week, all at once). If this is your first choice school, definitely call them and tell them you're on the hold list. I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you in the fall!! :)  ;D

DOCLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2005, 02:33:48 PM »
Congrats KIRBY!   Now that you are a insider you can put in a good word for us WL people!!!  LOL
I wrote a letter of continued interest last week.  I am about to call also.
Thanks for the info.

KirbytheWhite

• View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2005, 02:55:38 PM »
Hey there DOCLAW, thank you so much and good luck with your call!! If this is your first choice school, definitely emphasize that. I sent an additional LOR and a letter of interest as well, but it seems that it was the phone call that really did it. I hope to see you there in the fall!! :)

goingtomiami

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2005, 05:40:04 AM »
OH MY GOSH I just got off hold and I'm in at UMaryland!!! I received the phone call 10 minutes ago, and I have a seat in the fall 2005 class. I can't believe it, UMaryland here I come!! Good Luck to everyone, and I'll be withdrawing my applications from UConn, Temple, Rutgers, Ohio State, Hofstra and Northeastern. To those on the UMaryland hold list - you can do it!! :)

KirbytheWhite, just wondering what exactly did you say to the Director of Admssions?  I am not on hold at MD, but I am on hold elsewhere.  I also havent been able to get a hold of the Director of Admissions - so I guess I will have to write a letter.

claire22903

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2005, 06:29:30 AM »
Congrats!! Really...I'm curious as to what you said to the Director.  I am on hold and waitlist at least in 7 places.  It would be great if you can tell us.
Accepted:  U of Colorado, Pace, Hofstra, U of Miami, Pace, NYLS

WL:  U of Minnesota, U of Maryland, Brooklyn

Rejected:  Cardozo, GW, Georgetown, Columbia, Cornell

Need to hear from:  Wake, NYU, UNC

willislaw

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2005, 11:25:12 AM »
Yes yes do tell.

KirbytheWhite

• View Profile
    • LSN profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2005, 01:00:45 PM »
Hi, for everyone who's curious about what I said to the director, I simply told her the truth. I told her that Maryland was my first choice, and that I would definitely attend if I were accepted. I was completely honest with her, and I am only putting down a deposit at UMaryland because it's my #1 choice, and I passed up other schools for it. Basically, I think that she knew how much that I wanted to go there, and I was forthright about my plans. I also withdrew my waitlist spots from all other schools as soon as I got in there. I only suggest this route if you're completely sure it's where you want to go. I wish you all the best of luck!! :)