Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In @ Santa Clara  (Read 2300 times)

Ron Hiatt

• Sr. Citizen
  • slave to the "unread replies to your posts" link..
    • View Profile
Re: In @ Santa Clara
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2005, 10:29:41 AM »
Broadly speaking Intellectual Property includes Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, and Trade Secrets. So, for instance, if you were a literature major, you could study IP, focus on copyrights and then go to work for a publishing company as in-house counsel.

Ron Hiatt

• Sr. Citizen
  • slave to the "unread replies to your posts" link..
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2005, 10:43:07 AM »
This is going to sound like a stupid question, even though there are no stupid questions.

Santa Clara is known for its IP program.  According to NALP most of the firms recruiting through OCI are IP boutiques.  Is it possible to have a social sciene UG major and still practice IP?  Thanks in advance.

Where does NALP list the firms that recruit through OCI for each school?

odisho

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2005, 11:32:27 AM »
Sorry, I'm replying late to the what I do in film question. I'm in production management at DreamWorks so I pretty much create the production schedule for the films, handle the budget thats allocated to me for my departments on each film, and make sure my artists complete the film by the deadline. The reason I want to go back into law is because its always been as much of a passion for me as film has and now that I've worked in movies and gotten my foot in the door, I would like to get my JD and apply it towards entertainment law.
In: Toledo, Cleveland State, Ohio Northern, McGeorge, Chapman, Chicago-Kent, Capital, OSU
Out: Catholic, Case Western, Pitt
Waitlisted: None
Attending: OSU
GPA: 3.65
LSAT: 158
Undergrad: Poli Sci (UC Berkeley)

shortckt

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rambling Wreck
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2005, 12:07:56 PM »
Congratulation to Starresky and everyone else who got in.
I too like SCU for the IP program no matter what they are ranked by USNWR.
Just about every IP firms I'm interested in recruit from SCU, and that's good enough for me.

I'm still waiting for news...

WestCoast

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2005, 05:42:22 PM »
i'm in, too. finally... USF let me know so quickly but SC took its sweet time.
Although, I have to say that I didn't get a fuzzy feeling from their admission packet. It was just three pieces of paper. The envelope was so light that I was afraid it was an unfolded rejection letter!
also, they gave no $

elemnopee

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2005, 08:39:19 PM »
This is going to sound like a stupid question, even though there are no stupid questions.

Santa Clara is known for its IP program.  According to NALP most of the firms recruiting through OCI are IP boutiques.  Is it possible to have a social sciene UG major and still practice IP?  Thanks in advance.

Where does NALP list the firms that recruit through OCI for each school?

http://www.nalpdirectory.com/search.asp

On the main site click on search employers and then select the schools.