Law School Discussion

In @ Santa Clara

In @ Santa Clara
« on: April 01, 2005, 02:37:05 PM »
Just got the letter today. My mom called me to let me know so I don't know what's in it yet. My numbers are to the left and my lsn page has all the relevant info. I am very happy because I credit Santa Clara as the reason I studied so hard for the LSAT's. Saddened by their drop in the rankings but I am still seriously considering the school.

Love,
Q

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
Re: In @ Santa Clara
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 02:42:55 PM »
Hey Starresky,

Congrats on Santa Clara, it's a good school, no matter what U.S. News and World Report has to say about it!

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 02:45:09 PM »
Hey Starresky,

Congrats on Santa Clara, it's a good school, no matter what U.S. News and World Report has to say about it!

I agree. And for IP, you can't beat its location :) Which is what I am interested in.

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 02:59:56 PM »
it's well regarded in the valley - if the Bay Area is where you want to end up you should go for it.

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 03:18:05 PM »
it's well regarded in the valley - if the Bay Area is where you want to end up you should go for it.

Yeah, I have family in both the north and south in California, so I like that it is in-state for me. It's just a question of financial cost in comparison to USD and Loyola at the moment. :)

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 03:35:32 PM »
Congrats dude...I attended Santa Clara Law for 1 year back in 98-99. Hope and pray you don't get Steinman for Crim Law, but if you do, prepare to study like you've never studied in your life. Its a great school though and all the professors (Steinman included) are fantastic.

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 03:36:55 PM »
odisho - Thanks for that info!! How come you were only there for a year?

elemnopee

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 04:38:21 PM »
I got in today as well

159 3.53

Has anyone recieved financial aid info from them?

I hear they rarely give out grants.

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2005, 05:15:01 PM »
I was also accepted today.
I would guess this would be their final round of acceptances.

I heard from students there that they are generous w/the money ... but then people who went to admitted students day heard otherwise.

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2005, 05:26:37 PM »
I was also accepted today.
I would guess this would be their final round of acceptances.

I heard from students there that they are generous w/the money ... but then people who went to admitted students day heard otherwise.

-Less than 1/2 tuition 20%
-1/2 tuition or more but less than full 5%
-Full tuition 1%
-More than full tuition 0%
75th percentile grant amount of aid per recipient $15,000
Median grant amount of aid per recipient (50th percentile) $12,000
25th percentile Grant Amount of aid per recipient $9,000