Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Materials w/Testmasters Tutor  (Read 2465 times)

shivohum

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
LSAT Materials w/Testmasters Tutor
« on: May 27, 2003, 06:02:51 AM »
Hi. I took an LSAT diagnostic test from the Kaplan book, and scored well on all the sections but logic games. I'm thinking of a tutor just to beef this section up.

Specifically, I'm thinking of taking one of the Testmasters tutors. Question: should I spring for their course materials ($600!), with their "system" and all that, or should I just buy old LSATs and use them to study with the tutor? Are their tips and tricks and methodology worth the money?

The course materials also come with an "LSAT helpline" you can call during specified hours for help (though I bet it's probably a long wait...) and an online resource center.

Thanks.

Katie Davis

Re: LSAT Materials w/Testmasters Tutor
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2003, 03:33:50 PM »
I just completed the 2-month Testmasters course, and I have to say that Testmasters is an amazing company!  The books and teaching that you receive is unparalleled, and I would definitely spend the money!  My class was $1300 and worth every penny.  I just took the LSAT today, and I think the class really ensured that I would do well.  Trust me, it's worth it!

Trunks

Re: LSAT Materials w/Testmasters Tutor
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 10:11:56 PM »
Does anyone have any recommendations as far as Prep Courses? I am considering Powerscore and Kaplan. I found Powerscore's book on Logic Games extremely helpful and Kaplan consistently includes detailed explanations on every section of the LSAT. Don't care much for Princeston. I am not familar with Testmasters. If anyone here has any personal insight to LSAT prep courses and/or Powerscore and Kaplan's program I would very much appreciate any information you have to offer. I am trying to decide whether to register for a prep class for the upcoming October 2003 LSAT. Any suggestions and/or comments would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

AIM: theBigWhiteS