Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UNC- ALL acceptance phone calls have been made as of 3pm est today....  (Read 1219 times)

heyitcouldbeworse

• View Profile
    • Email
Well, just talked to UNc and the dean finsiehd all the accpetance calls 20 minutes ago (@ 3pm est).  If you've not heard, you're not in...
3.66, 164, non-URM
IN @ Tulane, Vandy, Oregon
WL@ wash and lee, bill and meg,Emory, WUSTL, BC
Going to TULANE (90% sure)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update!

Dana4evr

• View Profile
    • Email
 :-[
161/3.94 GPA
Attending (pending waitlists):UF
Wait: Vandy, Duke, Emory, UNC

birdysails

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
It's so bizarre that there have been like no updates on LSN or on these boards from people that heard - how many phone calls could they possibly have made???
Going to William & Mary!

heyitcouldbeworse

• View Profile
    • Email
I don't know, but this one really stings b/c UNc takes only the highest LSAT and I really thought I was getting in there...it doesn't even make sense given the number still outstanding on LSN...I don't know, whatever, I knew out of state was harder but jesus, a 167 and a 3.6 and I'm not in UNC? 
3.66, 164, non-URM

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
My guess is not very many, but who knows.

And not getting a phone call can still mean that you're waitlisted.  There's potential for a lot of movement there, I think.  Many may have been in my position and just got fed up, you know?

kristen14

• Sr. Citizen
  • LitiGATOR :)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DCPompeia
    • View Profile
April Fools...?

JK.  Too bad.  :(
"It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any reason can be found." ~Beautiful Mind
MPH / JD Hopeful :)

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=kristen14

birdysails

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I hate UNC.  I think this goes beyond being bitter that I didn't get in - frankly, they have treated their applicants horribly and when this is all said and done I am going to write them a letter that says just that.  Not that they care much about my opinion since apparently they haven't selected me to attend their school, but at least it will make me feel better..
Going to William & Mary!

heyitcouldbeworse

• View Profile
    • Email
Birdy,
  I couldn't agree more.  They are just a disaster, a state school probably hurting for money and quite simply in decline.  the original cvomplete notification I received in early Jan. said 4-6 weeks.  Called, and the story changed.  The story has changed 5 different times.  And now, to notify your applicants this way?  You sit in frontt of the phone all day and he either calls you if you're in or doesn't?  They've gone from my first choice to somewhere I wouldn't go even if they took me.  Doom on UNC..
3.66, 164, non-URM

kristen14

• Sr. Citizen
  • LitiGATOR :)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DCPompeia
    • View Profile
I definitely agree with y'all - complete mid Jan, they said "at least one month."  Called early-mid March, they kept telling me "one more week."  ARGH!
"It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any reason can be found." ~Beautiful Mind
MPH / JD Hopeful :)

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=kristen14