Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Touro-- Chances?  (Read 672 times)

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
Touro-- Chances?
« on: April 01, 2005, 02:21:13 PM »
Hi guys.

So I am waiting on Touro, and I am just wondering what everyone thinks my chances are. I have a 3.06 and a 147 (yes, I know it blows), but I am only applying part-time. Chiatsu gives me a 50% shot. I have been complete since the end of November and the waiting is getting to me.

I have good WE and unique life experience.

Thoughts??
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Touro-- Chances?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 03:43:08 PM »
C'mon guys. A "what are my chances" question, for old time's sake!! :)

imtheantelope

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 04:24:48 PM »
Here is the thing.. if you look on LSN you see many GPA's that are considered relatively low, but not too many lsat scores yet that are equally as low.. as you said, the 147 is low, so that is probably the reason that you havent heard.... if you had a higher lsat and a lower gpa that still gave you the same index number, you would probably have some sort of decision by now..

I would say you have probably a 30% shot of getting in.. when is their deposit date? you have been complete for a while, so they have had ample time to reject you.... it may be between a waitlist and an acceptance...
Accepted: Suffolk, Albany$, New York Law$, Hofstra$, Touro$
Waitlisted:  Brooklyn, Northeastern, Villanova, American
Denied: Fordham, Temple
ATTENDING: ST JOHNS

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=imtheantelope

yk84

• MSN Messenger - ykim552002@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 05:11:04 PM »
their seat deposit is today

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 05:45:33 PM »
I would think you stand a pretty good shot. I applied awhile ago as well and havent heard back from them. its sad because they even sent me one of those letters encouraging me to apply, so go figure! good luck! you're not outta the running yet!  :)
HUSL 1L

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 09:16:04 AM »
Thanks everyone!! I know all this speculation is basically fruitless, but when you are down to one school, you get desperate for any kind of hint into what will happen. I will probably still go to Widener even if I get into Touro, but I still want to know. Ironically, Touro is the first place I applied. They sure are taking their sweet time!!

Thanks again and good luck all! :)

jim411

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 09:29:14 AM »
Legalkitty:

I think that you have a decent shot at Touro.  I think that some schools are waiting for seat deposits to come back to determine the size of their classes.  It would be nice to have a choice.  I am in a similar boat.  Have NYLS acceptance but want to know if Pace will accept.  Good luck and I hope that you do get in so you have a choice.

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 10:11:27 AM »
Legalkitty:

I think that you have a decent shot at Touro.  I think that some schools are waiting for seat deposits to come back to determine the size of their classes.  It would be nice to have a choice.  I am in a similar boat.  Have NYLS acceptance but want to know if Pace will accept.  Good luck and I hope that you do get in so you have a choice.

Thanks Jim. I was thinking the same thing regarding seat deposits, and Touro's deadline was April 1st, so hopefully they will be making decisions soon.

Good luck with Pace. I know how much you want to go there and I really hope it works out for you! :)

daisyb

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 10:34:16 AM »
I got my acceptance for Touro dated March 17th, and I don't have to respond until April 11th--I think it's based on when they send you an answer.  I am pretty sure I'm going to attend St Thomas in Miami, but Touro's tuition is 5k cheaper and they also gave me a bit of money.  I think one of the biggest turn offs for me is that cost of living on Long Island is high.

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 10:42:54 AM »
I got my acceptance for Touro dated March 17th, and I don't have to respond until April 11th--I think it's based on when they send you an answer.  I am pretty sure I'm going to attend St Thomas in Miami, but Touro's tuition is 5k cheaper and they also gave me a bit of money.  I think one of the biggest turn offs for me is that cost of living on Long Island is high.

Yeah, LI is definitely crazy, but I would be commuting if I went. That would also be crazy, but to go to Widener I am already looking at a 2 hour commute, so what's another 20 minutes? Plus, I really love NY, so that is a big draw for me.

My main reluctance about Widener is that it is TAP. While I am pretty sure I would be fine, an outright acceptance is always nicer. But if I don't get into Touro, or decide it is too far, I will be more than happy to go through TAP. I just want to go to LS!!

Good luck to you!