Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boalt Sending out two different reject letters???  (Read 3349 times)

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
Re: Boalt Sending out two different reject letters???
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 04:32:35 PM »
I will let you know. Boalt was an ultra reach 5000 for me, so I should get a rejection shortly

NothingSpecial

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 06:59:01 PM »
50 bucks says there is only one letter this year.  The language was too slight and seemless for them to actually want people to take action on it.  It was just a nice thing to say after telling us we were not good enough.

gvn2fly

• AOL Instant Messenger - mfcrvm99
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2005, 06:59:59 PM »
Question about the Boalt rejection letters you folks got -- does the paragraph on transfer info start off with "If Boalt Hall is still your first choice,..."? My letter said that, and I was wondering -- do they just presume that Boalt is the first choice for all rejected applicants?

JackieOMarty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2005, 07:09:46 PM »
I agree with NothingSpecial. I got the same 'transfer' rejection letter.It's probably another way for them to squeeze more money out of us by encouraging us to try again next year. I, of course, will oblige them.   ;)

Ron Hiatt

• Sr. Citizen
  • slave to the "unread replies to your posts" link..
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2005, 10:47:55 AM »
I just got my rejection, and I am not even in the realm of possibility for Boalt. They said the same "transfer" BS in my letter, so I think it's a safe bet there's only one letter. At least it was on nice paper. Texas just sent me a photocopied letter.

heyitcouldbeworse

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2005, 11:17:33 PM »
OK, let's straighten this out b/c it's irking me.  I'm going ot type out the entire text of mine.  Please glance over and confirm everyone got this same thing:

After reviewing thoroughly your application for admission to Boalt Hall, the Admissions Committee has decided, with regret, not to offer you a place in the class of 2008.
         Our decision was not easy.  More than 7,600 people applied this year for a place in our entering class.  Our review confirmed that the majority were well-qualified to pursue the study of law, and indeed that most of them were well qualified to pursue that study at Boalt Hall.  But with more than thirty applicants competing for each place in the class, our choices had to be highly selective.  Although the review process is thorough, it is also human, fallible, and in part subjective.  In many cases different Committee members might well have reached different decisions.
          You are to be congratulated on your accomplishements and I hope that you will be admitted at other law schools.  If Boalt Hall remains your first choice you may wish to consider applying to transfer at the end of your first year at another ABA-approved law school.  Transfer applicants are evaluated primarily on their first-year performance, and we offer advanced standing admission to 30-35 students annually from an applicant pool of approx. 250-300 candidates.
          I am sorry that this letter must convet dissapointing news.  We wish you all the best in your applications to other law schools and in your career.  Thank you very much for your interest in Boalt Hall and for entrusting us with your application. 

OK, THIS IS THE LETTER I GOT VERBATIM. PLEASE JSUT CONFIRM/ DENY IF IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME FOR ALL OF US... :-\
3.66, 164, non-URM
IN @ Tulane, Vandy, Oregon
WL@ wash and lee, bill and meg,Emory, WUSTL, BC
Going to TULANE (90% sure)

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2005, 11:20:16 PM »
same as mine

jeriatric_ceasa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2005, 11:32:14 PM »
same here

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2005, 11:40:39 PM »
me too.

heyitcouldbeworse

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2005, 11:43:16 PM »
So then based on this above post:
Question about the Boalt rejection letters you folks got -- does the paragraph on transfer info start off with "If Boalt Hall is still your first choice,..."? My letter said that, and I was wondering -- do they just presume that Boalt is the first choice for all rejected applicants?

are we three special in that we got a sentnce in the transfer paragraph congratulating us on our academiv achivements?  I somehow doubt it, but it would be nice...
3.66, 164, non-URM
IN @ Tulane, Vandy, Oregon
WL@ wash and lee, bill and meg,Emory, WUSTL, BC
Going to TULANE (90% sure)