Law School Discussion

$$ At Loyola (Los Angeles)

$$ At Loyola (Los Angeles)
« on: April 01, 2005, 06:45:52 AM »
Does anybody know how people are notified if they got $$ from Loyola?  Did it come with the acceptance, or do you have to apply for certain scholarships or what?

Re: $$ At Loyola (Los Angeles)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 10:08:56 AM »
It comes later in a Financial Aid Award letter. Mine, unfortunately, listed only loans. I got it yesterday and I am from Orange County so the rest of you should be getting it soon. *sigh* Looks like I am just going to have to settle for less traffic and better weather at USD ;)

Love,
Q

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 10:16:29 AM »
Yeah, i am still waiting for my fin aid letter as well, but for me its leaning toward usd also unless Loyola comes up big.  Q, i guess i will see you on monday, did u finish your HW?

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 10:25:21 AM »
danno - I confess, I went to a concert last night and worked all day. I will get it done today though :) Are we just supposed to read it or should be brief it like a real law student? I feel like a nerd already ;)

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 10:48:32 AM »
I know, i actualyl hopped right on it yesterday when i saw it cuz i am so much time at work, but i did feel like a nerd, im sure i won't be so amped when i have 100 pages of reading instead of 5.  Plus im going to vegas this weekend so i really dont think i will have the motivation to read it out there.  I think we are just supposed to be familiar with the material so we can participate in the discussion, if you brief it, then wow, your ambition is starting early

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 10:53:05 AM »
danno - No, I am not that ambitious. I have no desire to brief it unless it is expected. I will save that for actual law school. This is supposed to be a fun day where they should impress us, not the other way around ;)

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 10:57:25 AM »
yeah, i was like damn, the competition must be cutthroat at usd if potential students are already briefing for admit day

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 11:00:59 AM »
(sorry for the thread hijacking!)

danno - Trust me, I am the last person you should worry about for competition. I am less than a year out from college where I fought an uphill battle with slacking :) I am going to have to fight hard in law school to get that discipline I should have developed during high school/college. (see GPA, hehe)

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2005, 11:10:01 AM »
yeah, i have been out 5 years so it will be a challenge for me to get back in the school swing of things.  anyway, im leaving work to get ready for my flight, i guess hopefulyl i will see you on Monday, you'll be the one with the silent father, right?

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2005, 11:27:22 AM »
Yep that's me! Have a safe flight :)