Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Capital, Cleveland State or Michigan State -- last minute deposit decision  (Read 1439 times)

Ladybuglaw05

• GPA: 3.21 LSAT: 156
    • View Profile
Which one would you choose?  MSU- no $, Cleveland no $ (yet- they said its still possible) but in state tuition, Capital $11,000 pr yr.  I sent in the deposit to Capital only, am I making a mistake?

MC Paul Barman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
cleveland state >>>> capital

Ladybuglaw05

• GPA: 3.21 LSAT: 156
    • View Profile

Does that indicate that Cleveland State is "greater than" Capital?  If so, that is my major hang up... I know Cleveland is ranked higher, but Columbus is a better place to live and seek employment, isn't it? ???

Ver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
It's kind of funny, yet annoying when I tell people that I am considering UC, OSU, and Case then they ask why I haven't applied to Capital. It would seem that, within Ohio, Capital has a good reputation.  I am unsure is that translates to employment success, but it is something to think about.
One thing about Capital though, their bar passage rate sucks.

PSUDSL08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LS #'s
I don't know how much the deposit's are for Cleve St/Mich St, but if faced with the same position, I would probably put down deposits on Mich St and Capital. Capital was only $100, and Mich St is probably only $200. Both Cleveland State and Mich State jumped up to T3, but I think Mich State has the more well known name and the opportunity to jump even higher (similarly to Penn St). I've been deferred there, and talked to someone at admissions in his 2nd year there and he said that he absolutely loves it there.
From everything I've heard, Capital does pretty well locally. Wouldn't get too hung up on bar passage rates, b/c if you study hard enough, you'll pass. Just my 2 cents

bobina

• View Profile
Michigan State is on the rise. Go there, seriously.
Their bar passage rate of 84.6% is extremely impressive as well.

MSUDuster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Out of those options I would say MSU. I've posted a number of reasons why I think it will do more in the long-run. Not to mention the fact the name recognition carries nationwide. The reputation of the law school will improve, it's only a matter of time. Depending on your gpa/lsat you can probably wrangle money (or a laptop) out of them. I mean d!amn, everyone seems to be getting a free laptop if they have good lsats.

qwert

• View Profile
    • Email
Without a doubt, I would choose Michigan St.  It is on the rise and is a Big 10 law school.  It will follow the path of Penn St. and be a Tier 2 school within a couple of years.  Michigan St. is much much more recognizable than the other two outside of their locales. 

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
MSU

Going_Crazy

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - powdercarvr
    • View Profile
    • Email
Both Capital and Cleveland have nice facilities, Capital's are a little dated inside.
I would say MSU