Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ohio State on the horizon?  (Read 651 times)

blueboy

Ohio State on the horizon?
« on: March 31, 2005, 10:45:47 PM »
Has anyone received anything concerning his or her application to Ohio State in the last week?  The reason I ask is I checked on-line on Monday and found out my application status had changed from "Referred" to "Decision" at OSU.  I immediately became excited, ready to know the outcome.  Three days have passed, and nothing has arrived in the mail yet.  I've already learned by now that the concept of time for the law school application process is twice that of reality in terms of duration.   :)  I had fooled myself into thinking I should have already received something, living only about 180 miles from Columbus.  If anyone did receive something in the last week from OSU, I'm wondering what was the response he or she received.  I sent off my application to them back in late November.  I've been accepted at Louisville and Indiana University-Indianapolis so far.  While the in-state tuition at Louisville and scholarship money at Indiana are attractive, it would be nice to have a school of the likes of OSU in my field of contenders.  I'm also hoping maybe Wisconsin, where I'm waitlsited, or Iowa, whom I haven't heard back from yet, would show me some love.  So any answer to my original inquiry or general thoughts on any of the schools I've mentioned would be most appreciated and welcomed.  Thanks.  Good luck to all.  peace....blueboy

Ver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Ohio State on the horizon?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 11:00:46 PM »
some guy posted that he had been accepted this week.

personally, I am still in referred status :/

painfully painfully waiting

MC Paul Barman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 11:19:33 PM »
numbers?

blueboy

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 11:28:39 PM »
It's a small relief to hear someone was accepted in the last week.  At Law School Numbers, the only response from OSU in the last week was a ding.

My numbers are 3.58 and 158.

MC Paul Barman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 11:30:11 PM »
you're pretty competitve. good luck. i'm also still waiting. :(

Niuniu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 10:40:04 AM »
I got a phone call yesterday saying I was admitted.

My account went to decision sometime this week (stopped checking everyday because I figured I was a lost cause), so it appears decisions are acoming.

Hope you guys hear good news soon!

3.5/161

vkschicago

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 10:44:35 AM »
Also waiting. 

3.9/158

I would love to attend OSU.

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 07:28:23 PM »
I checked my status online this morning and learned that my file was in the DECISION status.  Earlier today I received a phone call from the admissions office congratulating me on my acceptance.

The person I spoke with said that a formal letter and schlarship information would follow.  I'm really excited about this acceptance.  OSU is a solid school and I hear Columbus is a nice city.

Does anyone have any specifics on OSU?

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nikepr0be
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2005, 08:04:01 PM »
that ding would have been me.  3 or 4 days after i noticed the online change to 'decision' i got the ding in the mail.
post-3L

notoold

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2005, 11:05:27 PM »
Went from "referred" to "decision" on Wed. and got my ding by mail today. I did not expect at all to get in, but since I went there for undergrad (and love the place!) I sent them an application to help their accept/reject ratio.