Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Let's get this discussion going  (Read 9929 times)

admin

• View Profile
    • Law School Discussion
Let's get this discussion going
« on: May 05, 2001, 02:02:44 PM »
Hi everyone.  This is the first post EVER on LawSchoolDiscussion.org.  I'm curious as to how everyone out there studied for the LSAT.  Did you take a prep class?  Which one?  What did you think?

I studied for about 4 weeks from a book ("Barron's" I think).

Mikey

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
    • View Profile
LSAT Studying
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2001, 05:08:47 PM »
Hi, I studied from an LSAT book too.  I figured if I didn't do well I could always just take the test again (I took the June LSAT).  I did pretty good though.  Got a 160.  I figure I saved myself about a G by not going to once of those classes.

Mikey

Newton

Re: Let's get this discussion going
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2001, 06:12:47 PM »
Cool board  :)

I'm taking a Kaplan class right now and I think it's going pretty well.  I had a 155 on my first practice test and the last one I did was a 157, so it's already going up.  Plus my parents are paying for it, so it's all good.

TONY

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2001, 07:55:38 AM »
MY SITUATION IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT.  I AM 29 YEARS OLD AND I HAVE DECIDED TO LEAVE THE TEACHING PROFESSION AND GO TO LAW SCHOOL.  I HAVE STARTING REVIEWING FOR THE LSAT.  I AM GOING TO TAKE THE JUNE 2002 TEST.  MY QUESTION IS ANY ADVICE CONCERNING LSAT PREP?

Jube

• Fear the Terriers. Woof Woof.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2001, 07:17:45 AM »
Work on as many Preptests as you can. After each test, review the answers thoroughly and make sure you know why one option is right and the others are wrong. I think I spent as much time reviewing the answers as I did taking the tests.

Good luck!!  8)

ROCKY

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2001, 10:25:16 PM »

I am planning to take Kaplan class.
BTW, i did not find Barron book to be helpful at all.

sharbau

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2001, 04:08:05 PM »
I say review, review, review (obviously spending more of your time on your weak sections). Then take more than one practice test under timed conditions.  I took one timed practice test with only 4 sections (the LSAT will have five; one will not count in the score), scored a 168, and decided I was ready.  When I took the test, I was completely exhausted after 4 sections, and I lost the ability to focus my reading by section 5.  

I got my results and found that I only missed 2 questions on my the first two scored sections, but I missed 21 questions on the last two scored sections. The final score was a 165, certainly acceptable, but imagine what some "strength training" might have done.  I may do more practice & retest.

P.S. On my test the 2nd section was the unscored part.  (2 and 5 were both "logic" questions--the games).

rwillaa

• AOL Instant Messenger - pmkn108
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2001, 02:45:19 PM »
I'm taking the Princeton Review course and  we took a test on the first class I was really disappointed with my score. Looks like it is gonna take a little more hard work than I'd anticipated. :-[
Rae Marie

prstudent

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2001, 10:29:26 AM »
I'm in a prep course too... princeton review.... we have our second diag this saturday... are you prepared... any studying tonight?

Red

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2001, 02:05:17 PM »
I am studying on my own.  I've found the Princeton Review book to be most helpful out of a selection of four.  Avco sucked, and I threw it in the trash.  Barron's was good but not as comprehensive as PR.  Kaplan's completely sucked.  Currently, I'm in the high 160's trying to break into the 170's...