Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Pacific McGeorge  (Read 551 times)

Precise

• View Profile
In at Pacific McGeorge
« on: March 31, 2005, 06:30:56 PM »
Just got my acceptance letter today. I was accepted with "academic honors" and will recieve a decision on whether I get $$$ shortly. My file had been complete for less than 3 weeks.

AmanteDolciume

• My new baby!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: In at Pacific McGeorge
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 07:25:23 PM »
Congrats! It really is a good school, and the fact that they just made tier 2 confirms that they're getting better. If you don't have a chance to visit the campus, there is a thread about McGeorge's Legal Scholar Days in the "visiting" section here.
Attending: Oregon
Accepted: McGeorge (w/$), Cal Western (withdrawn), Oregon
Rejected: Hastings, Davis
Withdrawn: USD

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=amantedolciume

gibbsale

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 11:18:34 PM »
Congrats. I was also accepted with "honors at entrance" and 12K. You have to remain in the top third of your class, though; I have a friend at MSU who has a scholarship contingent on maintaining a GPA of 3.0. She has a 3.1 and that does not put her in the top half of her school. So I plan on going next week and grilling them on the number of awards they offered, what their grade distribution is, etc.

Precise

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 02:52:19 PM »
Congrats. I was also accepted with "honors at entrance" and 12K. You have to remain in the top third of your class, though; I have a friend at MSU who has a scholarship contingent on maintaining a GPA of 3.0. She has a 3.1 and that does not put her in the top half of her school. So I plan on going next week and grilling them on the number of awards they offered, what their grade distribution is, etc.

Thanks. Congrats to both of you as well.

Gibbs, we have pretty identical numbers so I guess that bodes well for my scholarship chances. Somebody from McGeorge called my home last night but i missed their call. Did they notify you of your scholarship via phone?

gibbsale

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 01:04:38 AM »
 They actually notified me via mail. I am currently living in Bangkok, so I discovered my scholarship offer when my parents sent me an email. I attempted contacting them via email, but they informed me they were unable to transmit any information over email. You should receive a package, and I imagine you will receive a scholarship. I applied very late (my application was complete the second week of March) and I received the offer last week.