Law School Discussion

Thread for UCONN '08ers

Re: Anyone going to the UCONN open house for admits on 4/9?
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2005, 11:44:45 AM »
So for now we have to plug in with LAN cord in order to get online inside the class room?  Or is there no way to connect? 

Did it look like they had a lot of outlets to charge laptops? 

pepem

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2005, 12:04:09 PM »
just get me a password when you set this up ;)  I don't know if I can live without wireless anymore.

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2005, 01:27:43 PM »
What about the library? I'm not so much concerned with access in the classroom, but if I'm studying at the library I want to be able to use the web throughout the day.

And I'm also interested in hearing if the classrooms have a lot of outlets for laptops or not.

Guess I should have stuck around for the tour. Oh well.

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2005, 01:41:55 PM »
No wireless in the library either  >:(

There are plenty of network and power outlets in the classrooms (1 pair per chair). I'm really thinking that my wireless access point idea isn't that bad.

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2005, 01:45:58 PM »
wow that sucks

a lot

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2005, 01:53:52 PM »
Yeah - Hopefully the student giving our tour didn't know what he was talking about.

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2005, 01:56:25 PM »
No wireless in the library either  >:(

There are plenty of network and power outlets in the classrooms (1 pair per chair). I'm really thinking that my wireless access point idea isn't that bad.

I'm not overly computer literate when it comes to laptops. When you say that there are "network" outlets, does that mean we have a way of plugging into the web in the classrooms and library? Somebody mentioned a LAN cord. What is that? (I know what LAN stands for, but I don't know how it works).

Basically, can I get on the web at UConn?

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2005, 01:59:37 PM »
You need a network cable ("LAN cord") to connect to the web at UCONN. You can connect in each classroom and in the library. The classrooms have power outlets and network plugs at each desk and the library has both in each carrol (sp?). I would recommend a short network cable (12 inches) for connecting up in the classroom and library since you won't ned to be too mobile and you won't want to extra wire getting tangled.

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2005, 02:09:59 PM »
Sorry to get off topic but does anyone else feel like the school makes no attempt to communicate with us?  I haven't received an email or anything since my acceptance letter.  Every other schools I got in to sent emails out every few weeks...Also, every time I try to get in touch with the financial aid office they either don't answer the phone or don't return my call.

Maybe it's just me...

NeverForever

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2005, 02:30:19 PM »
Sorry to get off topic but does anyone else feel like the school makes no attempt to communicate with us? I haven't received an email or anything since my acceptance letter. Every other schools I got in to sent emails out every few weeks...Also, every time I try to get in touch with the financial aid office they either don't answer the phone or don't return my call.

Maybe it's just me...

Same with me! My other schools send me 2 lbs. packets in the mail every other day filled with literature. UConn sends nothing. Not even after I sent in a deposit.

I was at least expecting something about an accepted students webpage, or a house hunting tip sheet. But they send abolutely nothing. Very odd.