Law School Discussion

Thread for UCONN '08ers

Re: Anyone going to the UCONN open house for admits on 4/9?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2005, 02:17:12 PM »
I left midway through the student panel to visit financial aid.  When I got there and the woman pulled up my file, she tried to tell me that they didn't have my FAFSA.  I submitted it months ago and checked over ten times to make sure I had included all of my schools and resubmitted correct numbers after doing taxes.  I told her that without federal loans I wouldn't be able to attend and thanked her for narrowing my list of schools.  UCONN was aesthetically impressive as a campus and the prospective students/profs/current students all seemed fairly intelligent, but I can't attend a school that is going to make such colossal administrative errors. 

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2005, 03:30:22 PM »
I was there with a friend.  I've always liked UConn... the campus is awesome, the student body is really cool, and if you want to live and work in CT, you can do pretty much whatever you want coming out of UConn.

The event was good.  The only thing it was really lacking was an opportunity to meet a lot of the other prospective students.  You got to talk with the 4 or 5 other people at your table at lunch, but that was it.  It would have been nice if they'd broken up the panels and speakers by having a tour in the middle, so that people could have re-shuffled themselves and gotten to meet another batch of people.

But all the sudents on the panels seemed cool, and the few I bumped into who were working at the journals/in the clinic were genuinely nice and enjoyed being at UConn.

pepem

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2005, 07:13:18 PM »
I was at the event too.  it was good, a little draggy at times.   I wish they moved us around a little more than spending so much time in that one room.  I didn't stay for the tour - a friend of mine is a 1L and gave me the unofficial tour last week.

but anyway, i have finally made my decision, and I am sending my deposit to UConn tomorrow.  See you all there.

NeverForever

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2005, 08:27:13 PM »
I couldn't go to the open house, but I'll be there in the fall!

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2005, 09:43:18 AM »
I spoke with one of the deans and was able to explain my other offers and financial situation. She offered me a 1/2 scholarship on the spot!!! That about settles it - I'm heading to UCONN this fall.  ;D

BAFF213

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2005, 10:53:05 AM »
That's awesome - I wish I could get them to accept me on the spot!

I spoke with one of the deans and was able to explain my other offers and financial situation. She offered me a 1/2 scholarship on the spot!!! That about settles it - I'm heading to UCONN this fall.  ;D

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2005, 09:58:33 AM »
Did anyone stay and go on the tour?  I am curious about what the class rooms are like...

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2005, 11:22:41 AM »
Did anyone stay and go on the tour?  I am curious about what the class rooms are like...

I stayed and toured every building. The classrooms are very nice. The only drawback was that there was NO wireless internet access. There are 2 (I think) left to be renovated this summer. Each building is just as nice as Star Hall (where we met for the open house). They have all been renovated to look new-old. That makes sense right?

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2005, 11:29:58 AM »
Are they planning on making the rooms wireless in the future? 

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2005, 11:38:49 AM »
Are they planning on making the rooms wireless in the future? 

They are doing a lot of work renovating and adding wired access right now. I would not expect wireless to come around ay time soon. I was thinking about getting a cheap wireless access point, plugging it into a port out of the way but close to a spot I want to study outside and use that. I'm sure it would be a while before anyone would notice it and actually remove it.  :)