Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IN AT OSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1128 times)

Ver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: IN AT OSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 12:30:54 AM »
Congrats, that is amazing.

At this point I had figued that all decisions would be waitlists or rejections. At least now there is a little hope :)

Il Stupido

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2005, 11:07:07 AM »
I see you applied to a number of Ohio schools. You a native?

Congrats on OSU. I'm likely going to be enrolling this fall as well.

What makes you choose OSU over GW and GULC?

A couple of factors. The main ones:
  • I'm actually pretty interested in working in Ohio after LS (possibly in some state office function), so it seems silly to take out all the extra debt for one of the D.C. schools.
  • I'm getting married this summer and my wife is going to be a nurse. While it would be easy for her to find a job in any major city, she's already worked in the healthcare field in Columbus, so it makes it even easier for her to find one there.
  • Even with those factors, I was still pretty interested in GULC until I visited Moritz. I really liked the place. The people are great (students, professors, and administrators) and it just feels like a place I could easily spend my next three years.
Accepted: Ohio State, Georgetown, GW
Waitlisted: Michigan, Virginia

Thou

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am LSD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2005, 03:49:30 AM »
All work and no play make Thou a dull boy.
Law is surprisingly false tolerant.

2004-2012, Thou

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2005, 12:35:58 PM »
I went complete a long time ago (around end of Feb). I spoke with a Sanjeev Sant, who was very helpful over the phone. I also emailed people like Robert Solomon and Sanjeev regarding the status of my application and in also relaying to them how badly I wanted to attend their school.

odisho -I PTed you
Fed gov't atty

odisho

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2005, 11:35:21 PM »
Congratulations odisho!  Hey, were you in my Palo Alto Powerscore class for the 10/02 LSAT?

yeah i was in the powerscore class in palo alto for the 10/04 test....message me w/ your name and description. What school are you going to btw?
In: Toledo, Cleveland State, Ohio Northern, McGeorge, Chapman, Chicago-Kent, Capital, OSU
Out: Catholic, Case Western, Pitt
Waitlisted: None
Attending: OSU
GPA: 3.65
LSAT: 158
Undergrad: Poli Sci (UC Berkeley)

alkiremays

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2005, 09:54:12 AM »
I can't seem to find Sanjeev's e:mail address.  Do you have it still?  I'm on the waitlist, which would seem from their website to be pretty much a reject.  Sanjeev told me a couple of weeks ago when I called that they are accepting 75-100 fewer students this year because they've had too many enroll the past couple of years.  Given that and the fact that people are applying to SO many schools, I'm hoping they might tap the waitlist this year.  I want to send him a follow up e:mail without just sending to the generic address.

I went complete a long time ago (around end of Feb). I spoke with a Sanjeev Sant, who was very helpful over the phone. I also emailed people like Robert Solomon and Sanjeev regarding the status of my application and in also relaying to them how badly I wanted to attend their school.

odisho

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2005, 12:12:11 PM »
In: Toledo, Cleveland State, Ohio Northern, McGeorge, Chapman, Chicago-Kent, Capital, OSU

alkiremays

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2005, 03:00:34 PM »
Thanks - wish me luck

odisho

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2005, 04:31:32 PM »
The best of luck to you!!