Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dinosaurs and Meteors  (Read 2250 times)

dta

Dinosaurs and Meteors
« on: May 25, 2004, 12:09:12 AM »
I've now gone through almost every single LSAT question and i can tell ya - i'm sick and tired of reading about dinosaurs and the various theories about what caused their extinction. I've read multiple Reading Comp passages on the subject and lots of LR questions dealing w/ it too. I think the people at LSAC are Dino-crazy!!

Any other recurring topics yall notice often coming up over and over again?

M2

Re: Dinosaurs and Meteors
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 12:47:15 AM »
ahahahha...

I know tell me about it...techtonic plates..meteors..BLAH BLAH BLAH
Dinosaurs do see mto come up a lot too.

dta

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 12:49:00 AM »
Carbon Dioxide emmissions. That's always on there too.

Gummo

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 01:15:05 AM »
And peat deterioration and how it increases the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

ttiwed

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 01:15:46 AM »
LR questions about speed limits and traffic lights come to mind.

dta

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 01:31:54 AM »
Gummo - did you just take #17? That's so weird. There was a long RC passage on EXACTLY that. Vegetation rotting and decomposing into peat moss.

I just hope all the little factoids I learn on LR questions are really true. I sometimes find myself referring to "something interesting I learned" when my sole source of info on the matter is an LR passage I read on an LSAT!!!

Gummo

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 01:57:24 AM »
I'm not sure if it was 17...It was 2000 or 2001 (it was from the back of a Powerscore book, and they don't number the tests).  There was either a long RC about it a couple LR questions, or just several LR questions about it, but I kept wondering to myself if they lightly themed the tests or something.

dta

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 02:12:54 AM »
I remember the all time MOST boring reading comp passage I ever read. Now, before I begin let me preface this. I enjoy reading passages talking about race relations. That's an interesting topic. But this passage discussed a detailed racial nuance that bored me to tears.

Some author wrote a book in the 70's or so talking about Afro-Hispanic poetry in central america. In this book, the author discussed both black and hispanic poets and how they influenced Afro-Hispanic poetry in central america. Later, this author wrote a second book, again on Afro-Hispanic poetry in central america. But this second book was  <sarcasm>*RADICALLY*</sarcasm>  different from the first. This second book discussed only black poets, and not hispanic poets, and focused solely on how black poets (as opposed to both black and hispanic poets) contributed to Afro-Hispanic poetry in central america.

The passage went on to discuss how interesting this radical new approach of the second book was and how there were so many things to learn from this radical new approach.

Man - i was dying on that passage. I gotta admit. While I don't care much about Afro-Hispanic poetry in central america, i *ESPECIALLY* don't give a damn about how the black afro-hispanic central american poets differed from the hispanic afro-hispanic central american poets.

Gummo

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 02:18:09 AM »
I feel your pain.  I took the Dec. 2001 test today.  The second RC was about a scholar that bitched that no one paid enough attention to Renaissance works that were written in Latin rather than in English.  Then it compared the two and explained, in detail, what training is necessary for students to be able to decipher and appreciate the Latin works.  I missed 4 questions on the RC section, and they were all on this one passage.  I just couldn't make myself care.

dta

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 02:43:31 AM »
That's so funny man - I REMEMBER that passage. It was so boring it seared itself into my long-term memory. And, if i recall, it had some science thrown in - talking about how you've got to be a Latin expert to read certain ancient science documents written in Latin.

Man - that one was brutal.