Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Last Day To Change Your Mind  (Read 925 times)

djLarry

• View Profile
Last Day To Change Your Mind
« on: May 24, 2004, 08:37:59 PM »
Which is the last day to change your LSAT date without having your registration fee forfeited? If in the next two-three weeks I am not gonna score at least once at the level I want to, I will postpone taking LSAT, so I am trying to figure out when do I have to let know LSAC that I won't appear for the June 14 administration.

purityofmotive

• View Profile
Re: Last Day To Change Your Mind
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 09:02:58 PM »
If you are unable to take the LSAT on the date for which you are registered, you have two options that will remove the test date from your file. You may request a change to another date within the current testing year (if registered for a February exam you may change to the next testing year), or you may cancel your registration for a partial refund.

Test Date Change

Please note the deadlines and guidelines below. Late requests will not be processed.

The fee to change the date is $29 US ($39 CDN plus GST). The easiest and quickest way to change your test date is via online services. This will also give you instant access to available centers. Or, you may send the payment with a completed Test Date Change Form or a written request to:

LSAC
Box 2000-T
Newtown, PA 18940

or fax to 215-968-1119.

Be sure to include:

- your name, address, your LSAC account number, and Social Security or Canadian Social Insurance number or LSAC I.D. number
- the date and first & second center choice desired
- your signature and current date

Deadlines for Test Date Change requests are:

LSAT Administration     Postmark-Mail   Online/Phone/Fax
(postmark deadline)                   
June 2004                May 24, 2004     June 15, 2004
October 2004       September 13, 2004    October 4, 2004
December 2004       November 15, 2004    December 6, 2004
February 2005        January 24, 2005    February 14, 2005

Go to the Downloadable Forms, Guidelines and Checklists area of our site to download the Test Date Change form.

LSAT Refunds

Please note the deadlines and guidelines below. Late requests will not be processed.

To request a partial LSAT refund:

A signed, written request is required. Send the completed Refund Request Form or a written request to:

LSAC
Box 2000-T
Newtown, PA 18940

or Fax to 215.968.1119.

Be sure to include:

- your name, address, LSAC account number, and Social Security or Canadian Social Insurance or LSAC I.D. number
- the date you wish to cancel
- your signature and current date

Requesting a refund by the deadline will prevent the recording of an absentee notation on your file.

Deadlines to request the partial LSAT refund are:

LSAT Registration  Postmark Deadline
(Receipt by Fax)
 June 2004           June 11, 2004 
 October 2004       October 1, 2004 
 December 2004      December 3, 2004 
 February 2005      February 11, 2005 

If you miss the refund deadline, you may still change your test date online. See test date change instructions above.

The current LSAT refund amount is $40 U.S. ($56 CDN). See our Refund Policy for general information on partial refunds for LSAT and LSDAS.

http://www.lsac.org/LSAC.asp?url=lsac/test-dates-deadlines.asp#Test-date-change-refund
"How can you tell that an attorney is about to lie?"

"His lips begin to move."

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 11:40:29 PM »
You don't get a refund if you change the date.  You can do two things.  Change the date you want to take it, which is the $40.  OR  you can decide not to take it at all, and then you may be eligible for a $40 refund.

At least, that's *my* understanding of it.

beautiful

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 08:23:04 PM »
I guess not, Jacy. The fee to change the date is $29. The easiest and quickest way to change your test date is via online services -- you can do it even on June 13.

If, on the other hand, you simply want your money back (as you do not plan to take the test even in October or December) you will only get back $40, that is to say you lose $72.