Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NON-ABA / CBA LAW SCHOOLS WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS FOR FALL ? PLEASE HELP  (Read 14510 times)

cleint9

• View Profile
    • Email
I want to attend law school this fall. My UGPA was a 2.5 and my highest LSAT score was a 140. I took the lsat 3 times already so I cant retake for another 2 years so Im not going to wait 2 years. I attended University of Virginia and majored in Management. I applied to several law schools particular these ABA schools that everyone are so hyped about. So far I got rejected to every school I applied to. I applied to a combo of Tier 3 and 4. So Im still waiting for decisions on my other top picks right now. So as for now I want to have backup options. I did some research and concluded that these ABA schools are nothing more then schools involved in the ABA organization which tuition is more expensive than non-aba schools. I also checked out the curriculum of Non-ABA, CBA, and ABA schools to see if theres a difference. I had the opprotunity to talk to an attorney who went the Non-ABA route and appears to be very sucessful and he passed the Bar exam and have lots of clients and a decent sized firm. He started his own firm fresh out of Law School and labor rate is $225/hr. He explained to me that he choosed this route bc the ABA schools doesnt mean nothing at the end of the day. He says if I can pick a cheap Non-ABA school or a CBA School in California and study hard I can pass the Bar and be very sucessful. Why pay 40K a year when theres plenty of schools ranging from 4K-$15K a year ? He also mentioned it doesnt matter what Law School you go to bc after graduation every person must take a Bar Review Course. As long as I study hard I can pass the Bar and become a well rounded attorney independent. So Im going to apply to several Non-ABA Schools and these CBA Schools In CA. I dont know if there easy to get into but I would like some advice on whats the best Non-ABA/ CBA school I should apply to and get a good education. Please help time is of the essence. Thanks.

rekopter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: VERY URGENT NON-ABA / CBA LAW SCHOOLS WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS HELP
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 12:09:05 AM »
I see no flaws in your brilliant plan.

Pixies

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 12:11:39 AM »
didn't you just post this on TLS???

cleint9

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 12:13:31 AM »

Yes I did but they are talking some BS. What are some good Non-ABA/ CBA schools could someone recommend ? Are these any good ?

University of West Los Angeles School of Law
Santa Barbara College of Law
Glendale University College of Law
San Francisco Law School
California School of Law
People's College of Law

rekopter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 12:17:19 AM »

Yes I did but they are talking some BS. What are some good Non-ABA/ CBA schools could someone recommend ? Are these any good ?

University of West Los Angeles School of Law
Santa Barbara College of Law
Glendale University College of Law
San Francisco Law School
California School of Law
People's College of Law

They are terrible, none are worth a dime.

Wait two years and retake.

cleint9

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 12:19:42 AM »
Im not waiting two years and retake. I am going to attend a Non-ABA or CBA school if I dont get into a ABA school I applied to simple as that. The attorney that recommended me a Non-ABA is making lots of money and he have ABA grads at his firm working for him. He is very sucessful so that says alot that non-aba schools are not bad.

themanwithnoname

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 12:28:48 AM »
This is a joke right?

If not, how on earth did you get into UVa?

_retired_

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Not only is the ABA a sham, but so is the bar; someone was misleading you.  All you need is a frame, a diploma template, Kinko's or a printer, a wall, and a nail.  You'll be raking in the money while those suckers on both the ABA and non-ABA track are still wasting three years in school.

R.P. McMurphy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Not only is the ABA a sham, but so is the bar; someone was misleading you.  All you need is a frame, a diploma template, Kinko's or a printer, a wall, and a nail.  You'll be raking in the money while those suckers on both the ABA and non-ABA track are still wasting three years in school.

TITCR.

Honestly though, you can get into at least a lower Top 14 school. I'd say apply to Chicago, NYU, Michigan, Virginia, Berkeley, Duke, Penn, Cornell, Georgetown, and Northwestern. I'd say apply to like UCLA and Vandy just to be safe. Everyone says this thing is all about the numbers, but it's not. Your personal statement is the key. You can overcome any numbers with an amazing personal statement. Check out one of the editing/invent your statement services. Make sure you don't go with anything under $200 an hour though. Anything below that and you are getting TTT services.
LSN | Washington & Lee University Law Class of 2011