Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: No Letter yet, should I still visit?  (Read 284 times)

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
No Letter yet, should I still visit?
« on: April 17, 2008, 06:31:54 PM »
I already put my first seat deposit down at the University of Kansas but I'm still waiting to hear from the University of New Mexico.  Both schools are about equal in rank, price, and job prospects. (as far as I know)
I'm driving to Kansas the first week in May and if I go about an hour out of my way I can visit UNM.
I called New Mexico and they said that I wouldn't have a letter until the first of May.
Should I visit New Mexico even though the rejection letter might be in my mailbox at home when I get there?

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: No Letter yet, should I still visit?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 06:56:33 PM »
I already put my first seat deposit down at the University of Kansas but I'm still waiting to hear from the University of New Mexico.  Both schools are about equal in rank, price, and job prospects. (as far as I know)
I'm driving to Kansas the first week in May and if I go about an hour out of my way I can visit UNM.
I called New Mexico and they said that I wouldn't have a letter until the first of May.
Should I visit New Mexico even though the rejection letter might be in my mailbox at home when I get there?

Hmm so they would be making a decision before you visit?

Yeah.  They said they "have" to get all the letters out by may 1st, and mine will be one of the last.  (WTF does that mean?)

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: No Letter yet, should I still visit?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 07:02:12 PM »
That's true.  I would just be a tad embarrassed if I got there and they were like,  "What the F are you doing here?"

Wait.. I guess I should consider the fact that I don't get embarrassed